[SCENARIO] Realistic start

Mehahe

Chieftain
Hey all was wondering which scenario maps have the most acurate native and european placment in the map?

Hey all was wondering which scenario maps have the most acurate native and european placment in the map?
As mentionned by Schmiddie, there is RAR Americas maps which are delivered with RAR.

Now if you want something even more historically immersive, there is the scenario "1650 AD" which is based on RAR Americas gigantic and which add all colonies as they were by 1650. That date is interesting because nearly all the playable nations had colonies back then (only Russia starts in a boat), and it's still at a very early stage of development so there is still everything to do.

I don't know though if it's still compatible with RAR version 2.7 (it was built at the time of version 2.2). I should check that. As a matter of fact, it could be interesting to see how the improved AI behave now.

Anyway, if you want to download it, it's right here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/scenario-americas-1650ad-lets-rewrite-history.23564/

Now if you want something even more historically immersive, there is the scenario "1650 AD" .

I don't know though if it's still compatible with RAR version 2.7 (it was built at the time of version 2.2). I should check that. As a matter of fact, it could be interesting to see how the improved AI behave now.

Anyway, if you want to download it, it's right here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/scenario-americas-1650ad-lets-rewrite-history.23564/

I'm playing the "1650 AD" scenario on "We the People". I tried the first 50 turns for all the colonies except Russia.
Denmark, far to the north, and Sweden with one small surrounded settlement look like they'll be the most challenging.
I played France up to 1705 when it crashed. I started again back a few turns and it crashed again at the same date.
My next try was Sweden. The strategy was to get a second settlement in the New Orleans area, abandon the vulnerable site between France and England, and then start settling the North America interior. That worked well up to 1712 when the game crashed.
Two crashes make me suspect it could be an ongoing problem.
If there's an easy fix that would be great. I realize the map is the same every time but that's okay. Chess players often replay classic games to see where small changes make a big difference.

Hi Kendon,

I can not guarantee that "1650 AD" scenario really still works in WTP (because I have not checked). :dunno:
However, please do not post here in old RaR forum if you are experiencing problems using WTP.

Please post in our new "We the People" forum. :thumbsup:
Please ideally use this thread for bug reporting.

The scenario "1650 AD" was never officially integrated in RaR or now WTP so it was simply not maintained.
If Marla_Singer would like to, it could be intgrated and thus maintained to stay compatible with our future releases.

Marla_Singer would of course keep all credits.
(All I will do is to make sure that it is still / again compatible.)

I will ask her, if she would like that. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom