Really irritating UI idiosyncracy

CaptainPatch

Lifelong gamer
During regular gameplay, the game will start your turn with one of your units selected, or if no units are active (e.g., automarching to distant destinations) or one of your cities if there is a build just finished. AT THE SAME TIME, it also posts messages on the right side of the screen. If you are done reading a message and want to clear it off your screen, the way you do it is to right-click on the message icon. HOWEVER, if a unit is active and selected, that right-click on the message icon ALSO becomes a movement destination for the active unit that the game had selected for you going into that turn. _Sometimes_ the UI requires a confirmation before executing movement. (Like it's saying, "Do you really want to do that?") but sometimes it just goes ahead and starts marching the unit to the location that had been directly under the message icon that you right-click deleted. Then you have to go to the bother of marching that unit back to where you actually wanted it to go.

This is irritating to no end after it happens for the 3+ time. Poor game design if you ask me. I think/hope that the first patch really, really needs to eradicate this particular glitch.

During regular gameplay, the game will start your turn with one of your units selected, or if no units are active (e.g., automarching to distant destinations) or one of your cities if there is a build just finished. AT THE SAME TIME, it also posts messages on the right side of the screen. If you are done reading a message and want to clear it off your screen, the way you do it is to right-click on the message icon. HOWEVER, if a unit is active and selected, that right-click on the message icon ALSO becomes a movement destination for the active unit that the game had selected for you going into that turn. _Sometimes_ the UI requires a confirmation before executing movement. (Like it's saying, "Do you really want to do that?") but sometimes it just goes ahead and starts marching the unit to the location that had been directly under the message icon that you right-click deleted. Then you have to go to the bother of marching that unit back to where you actually wanted it to go.

This is irritating to no end after it happens for the 3+ time. Poor game design if you ask me. I think/hope that the first patch really, really needs to eradicate this particular glitch.
I can verify this happens.

Also verifying and annoying. I had also one "bug" concerning moving the unit to another tile where already was another unit, which should not happpened (different type of units). As the game needs this move (i could not end my turn in no other way) i was forced to delete it. If i know how to technically sent you this event log i would, but i mentioned it anyway.

It annoys me as well. And two other things:

1. You can't click on a unit close to the left edge of the screen (below the box showing research aims).
2. Sometimes you have no option to skip turn for a unit. If you don't want to move them, or they only have < 1 movement point left, you have to order them to fortify instead.

Top Bottom