Realpolitik II - Dark Storm Rising

Comment on the narrative! What do people think of my actions? Its depressing having it up for 12 hours with no comments...

but its so long...

Edit: Read it, its good to know there is one less person to worry about carrying out dirty deeds.

And it is true. I formally have left the assassins guild, and I am now an independent. I WILL be running for governor.

SNAFU

*sigh*

You know i'm not taking the blame for this.

You know how hard it is to keep someone like Arya from taking "retribution" on his attackers? Because that's what Sonereal was. An attacker. The admin is making it worse by NOT making a publically binding decision after people have made big threats against the Guild, ranging between outlawing the Guild itself or jailing or killing the leaders.

People don't like that sort of thing hanging over them. Refusing to make a decision makes people like Arya, who like to control their own destiny, antsy. Especially when they've just been attacked. I'm sure he's convinced himself that at least by choosing to be a outlaw himself he has more control over events then just sitting back and not reacting.

So yes. I'm trying to be nice and keep all the public and secret agents calm after the ANTI-ASSASSIN coalition went on a witch hunt. No contracts have been taken despite inquires and the Guild is on the Information exchange only footing. So the Administration and Arya are to blame for this mess! The Admin for leaving things unknown, anyone who can run a pysche profile would know what Arya would do if left with that kind of axe over his head. Arya for his strange brutal sense of honour demanding an eye for an eye.

I'm washing my hands of the whole affair.

Horizon Coalition Administration: Make a decision on the guild AND Independent Arya
Arya: You are cut off. But you knew that when you took matters into your own hands seeing as you "quit" at the end of your little scene. PS which governorship are you going to run for? And how do you plan to run if the government declares you an outlaw??
Guildmembers Mech and Aoudis: Thank you for your patience.

I'm listed in independants and Neo-imperial, take me out of independants.

Hmmm....I dont think there is any rule/law against running for a governmental position if a higher up government declares me an outlaw...It will just be a challenge. Oh, do I love challenges.

I offer myself up to the government, swearing not to committ any more acts of assassinations for the guild or any other similar organization. I wish to join the NIP (that is the name of the party that just merged right?) and therefore Horizons as a whole. Remember: I was just a tool, not the mastermind of the whole Guild Issue. I fully support Party Genocide here unless the Guild swears allegience to the presidenCY and performs foriegn espionage acts against foreign targets OUTSIDE of our great country. My only request is that I be granted Amnesty, as should any who follow me from the Guild, and that I be allowed to run in a governor position in New York (Or the new city if it is eligible by the time of midterms).

I can reveal the address of Ravus, or any other members of the assassins guild if you wish, or lead the raids myself should you wish to imprison them.

If you decline, then I shall disappear, sending speeches by messenger, and spend the rest of this Coalition's reign leading quests by myself, and occasionally with others in order to lead the fight against the Dark Lord.

Choose.

All right, this will not be a popular chice, but it is my choice. My official stance on this will be neutral. I will not jail, outlaw, or execute any member of the Assassin's Guild for being a member, but I will also not make the Assassin's Guild the only people who can assassinate others.

As to Arya, he was retaliating against an attacker. I did not know of the attack against Arya by Sonereal before it happened, thus I do not approve of his actions either. If Sonereal wants to risk himself, it is his own skin. It is the same with Arya. Arya has the right to defend himself and to run for the public office. I will not prevent anyone from participating in a public office for personal affairs. I will not condemn the attacks, or approve of them.

Sparthage,
President of the United States
Chairman of the Neo-Imperial Party

edit: (OOC: Dang you, Arya. Making posts while I work on mine :rolleyes:) Arya, you have your amnesty from me. I welcome you to the Neo-Imperial Party. Once again, I will not prevent anyone from running for office, it is their right.

...Okay. I guess that means im not joining Horizons coalition?

OOC: Ugh. I edited that post, Arya. You're welcome if you want in.

OT: I hate this slow computer. It takes forever to do anything.

But Sparthage, will we see some of those law suggestions DT (I think :D) posted a while ago?

But Sparthage, will we see some of those law suggestions DT (I think :D) posted a while ago?
If you meant the Bill of Rights, then yes.

If you mean the bill of rights, I plan on making some suggestions in a revised version of DT's if the people will allow it. I had some particular problems with some of it.

My official stance on this will be neutral

I will not condemn the attacks, or approve of them.

Sir, this sounds like Anarchy. So anyone can attack their neighbor, and their neighbor can respond by attacking them in their house? So if you have a problem with somebody, you can just go out & kill them? I may be wrong, but that is exactly like what you are saying sounds like. You have to issue some sort of punishment or be seen as weak, either on Sonereal or Arya or both.

If you mean the bill of rights, I plan on making some suggestions in a revised version of DT's if the people will allow it. I had some particular problems with some of it.

The present articles in the bill of rights represent Foundation in general & People's Philosophers in specific as far as views go. We think it is as good as it can be as is, but are open to suggestions.

I have already pledged to oppose the jailing of any Guild member and I will continue to oppose any Guild member or even Arya being declared an outlaw.

Well, if Arya and the Guild pledges to support the government, then I'm fine with them not getting jailed.

Aysee seeing as the Guild is not part of the government I doubt it would "pledge" to said government.

SK- Thank you for the support.

Nuke- I do believe that Immortals can do as said, and mortals when commanded by an immortal politician when not jailed. Sonereal did what he did....well we dont know why. I did mine in revenge.

Nuke- I do believe that Immortals can do as said, and mortals when commanded by an immortal politician when not jailed. Sonereal did what he did....well we dont know why. I did mine in revenge.

Yet it sets a dangerous precedent whereby any man(even immortals) can go after his neighbor and kill him because they disagree. It has nothing to do with why, merely that there don't appear to be any legal consequences to murder.

OOC: Well, what I'm trying not to mess with the game mechanics. I of course would jail any non-immortal going after either a non-immortal or immortal. The NPCs can't do that, but I don't know if LH would object to my disapproval of a game mechanic. Otherwise, I would make the assassinations illegal.

WHAT!!?

Sparthage, I would like you to reconsider this. There are at least two members of Horizons that are fiercely Anti-Assassins. I know we had a poll, but can we please discuss this on the forum group. Please?

OCC: My occ problem with the Assassins is that it is completely anonymous. I know it would be a bit occ, but if you gave out your list of people who gave you money to assassinate, a lot of people will be happy.

:please:

You really want to do that ninja? It might not produce the results you imagine...

Btw, its OOC not OCC. Stands for Out-Of-Character.

And well, the anonymous part is kind of the whole point of the guild. Stop whining over it, as its perfectly within the set rules of the game mechanics.

So am I writinig a narrative that will produce the names, reasons, etc of our various clients (that I know of? Some requested confidentiality to the point of only Ravus knowing their names)?

Top Bottom