Realpolitik II - Dark Storm Rising

I propose the renaming of New York to Memphis, Boston to Chicago, and Uzbek to Dallas. These are the names that common man has called for years.

Boston isn't on the spot where Chicago would be IRL . . . and I don't know how to rename cities.....

-L

Go to the city-screen.

Under the name of the city in the middle of the city-screen is an Edit button.

The Realpolitik Reporter

Editorial: Where are the Speeches?
By Lighthearter

Election season! Such a wonderful feeling in the air. Unfortunately for the power of the Immortals I am so unfortunate to find myself in companionship with, the Mortals of the United States seem to have decided that enough is enough. Between the chaotic assassinations and terror tactics of Sonereal, the furious bigotry of the late Arya, and the sheer apathy from Washington towards the common man, little wonder at that fact!
However, the Immortals don’t seem to realize what’s happening. While they gawk at the reports from Europe, and ooh and ahh over the new Rings, the Sons of Madison are rallying their support base. The Tower Guard are holding rallies in New York. The People’s Philosophers are inviting Nukeknockout to appearances all over the country.
Indeed in the face of all this preparation and dedication to their voter base, the Immortals have decided to fight fire with . . . apathy. No Immortals deign to take to the soapbox and even try to rally Mortals to their cause. No Immortals are offering the people any cause to vote for them. No speeches, no promises, no pandering even to their rapidly dwindling loyal supporters. While the news from Europe is important and even life-changing, and the new Rings are a great tool, they cannot afford to simply watch.
We saw in the previous elections what happened when a massive popular vote victory was won – despite winning the elections, Horizons was unable to hold the White House when Dem Taqat held a recall vote. At this stage the populace seems unlikely to vote for Immortals if their other option was the Dark Lord himself. It’s a sad fact in this world that even in the face of all that wrath Sparthage and Ninjacow and the others continue to turn their heads away from the people and simply talk quests.
In Washington even they could have a chance of carrying some Districts if they would but care. But no. Even as Election Day itself looms day after tomorrow, they sit in a circle sharing tankards of mead instead of trying to save their own destinies. It is incredible and unbelievable at the same time. It’s almost as though they’ve forgotten election season is upon us.
Watch: Will the Immortals finally step out and begin rallying the populace against the dark storm rising? Watch what they say as well – are they promising anything that you aren’t already getting?
Bottom Line: If the Immortals don’t even try to rally supporters and get at least some Mortals on their side, James Madison and Nukeknockout and Francis Walter will sit in Washington, and the Immortals will bemoan themselves, wondering what they did wrong while ignoring the obvious.

Well, I'm in prison, although the Leviathanist Manifesto was my big speech. Sort of.

LH, as I know it, the rule #1 is: When the GM tries to unite you by making a "friendly common enemy", sit back, and enjoy the show :)

I and the MOR Party, as members of the SOG Coalition, support the needs of the people. In fact, from now on please PM me your wants and needs and I will do my best to support them.

Remeber People of America, not all immortals are idiots and bigots like Arya. Some truly care about your well being.

Remember, PM me your needs and wants.

Vote SOG for Peace, Justice, and the Common Good!

I made a speech...but I can't speak for anyone else.

Besides, actions generally speak louder than words...and this time Horizons' cabinet is properly ready to take action.

I made a speech.

@LH: I’ve got a book. :) And here is a speech.

Have you noticed...

That the Sons of the Guard are trying to remove Immortals from power? That they are racists? That they are using the simple Commies as tokens so as to not look racist?

You know, without the immortals, England and the Dark Lord will crush us all with his Blood Knights. If we can’t hurt them, you probably won’t either. Do you want to be ruled over by a weak Racist then become slaves of the Dark Lord and his Vassals? NO!

We give you democracy. We give you the choice. Now all I ask is that you make the right choice.

VOTE FOR FREEDOM!

VOTE FOR A CHOICE!

VOTE FOR HORIZONS!!!

I know that I'm late to the party... again, but I just want to say that I don't really see a need to for me to make speeches, as Tambien's practically taking the words out of my mouth. In addition, I am thrilled to know that other civilizations have popped up closer to the dark lord, to rival him and occupy him while we plot against him. And of course, for more trade opportunites. I am also thankful that our questers have come back safely, and that we know the names of two more blood knights.

OOC: Nice narrative, LH! And the news article was pretty good, too.

I am flabbergasted ( :lol: ) by Ninjacow. The MOR Party, for one thing, is not communist, and, for another, joined the SOG Coalition because the PEOPLE suppored it, and we do what the people want. Also, you will notice that Immortals are on the cabinent of the SOG. Also, I have been offered a gubenatorial position with the SOG next gubenatiorial elections.

So you see, the evil Horizons Coalition is trying to trick you! (again, :lol: )

Everyone join chat! :D

Anyway, I think that speeches are really unnecessary because they don't really make much of a difference. 1 person makes a speech, then another person makes another speech to counter that speech. Speeches are more equalizers than anything else.

I am flabbergasted ( :lol: ) by Ninjacow. The MOR Party, for one thing, is not communist, and, for another, joined the SOG Coalition because the PEOPLE suppored it, and we do what the people want. Also, you will notice that Immortals are on the cabinent of the SOG. Also, I have been offered a gubenatorial position with the SOG next gubenatiorial elections.

So you see, the evil Horizons Coalition is trying to trick you! (again, :lol: )

Evil? Am I evil? Am I a Blood Knight? Am I the Dark Lord?

NO!

Good sir, I have been writing speeches for a long time and when I talk about my opposition, I NEVER use the word “evil”.

And how do you know that the people want a SoG(gy breakfast) Tam? You are not LH.

So people, I say again...

VOTE FOR FREEDOM!

VOTE FOR NO SoGGY BREAKFASTS!

VOTE FOR HORIZONS!!!

Lurkers comment: Wait if the POR still exists can I still make speeches/vote?:confused::confused::confused::confused::dunno: I could have sworn I, the only member and founder of POR, was permabanned....

I cast my second vote for the IMWP.

VOTE HORIZON FOR NEW HORIZONS!

VOTE HORIZON FOR AMERICA!

my oh my. I have really fallen off in everything. Last thing I remember I was a Chief of Justice trying to promote the legal will of the people.

My vote is for Sparthage. I am an immortal, and although the needs of the mortals is important, we view the great long picture of the entirety of our nation. Sometimes the grandfathers have to struggle for the better of the son, and the son is granted greatness, while the grandson suffers. Such is life, but immortals are your best weapon against the foes of our great nation. Stand besides us, and contribute your name to the pages of our nation's story!

-Draknith
Independent Politician in support of the Immortal's Government

Top Bottom