1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realpolitik II - Dark Storm Rising

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Lighthearter, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Sparthage

Sparthage Fighting Tyranny

Thank you Draknith, your support is appreciated.

OOC: Although the correct way of voting would be to bold the text and post the parties that you vote for (At least, that's how everyone else does it).

Sparthage,
    Presidential Candidate of the Horizon Coalition

2. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

Can you please Vote for IWMP as well? We’re in a coalition with Sparthage and share many of his views.

:D

3. LordNwahs6

LordNwahs6 Cookies for everyone!

Peoples of New York! Before I start this speech, I would like to sincerely apologise for my actions 30 turns ago, in the last election, where I blasted the Tower Guard for being fascist when they are not, and aligning them with the vile Horizons Coalition. I was politically naive back then, and did not understand the importance of defending our country. Now that I speak for the MOR Party, I would like to remind you people that we value the security of our peoples, mortal or immortal, very importantly, and we support the actions of the Tower Guard, for they promote the defence of our nation, and the defence of our cities!

I would like to remind you about what the Horizon Coalition wants to support- they support a caste system that gives the immortals 'more rights' than the mortals and halflings! This is outrageous, and against Equality! Do you want your sons and daughters to be seen as lesser beings? Of course not! We in the SoG Coalition support the freedoms of all! Vote Freedom! Vote MOR, Philosophers, Reds, Sons of Madison or the Tower Guard for we stand for the freedom of all men in this nation! And don't vote for the fascist, extremist and racist Horizons Coalition, who only care for their selfish goals of more land and money for the Bourgeois!

4. Chimera1804

Chimera1804 King

...pardon me for asking, but exactly what are you basing this on? And, if you had read my speech, you'd have seen...

I have a hunch that that's the opposite of fascist, extremist, and racist...just a hunch...

5. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

Or more like the you we’re not allied with them, so you attacked them like you are attacking Horizons now. Lol :lol:

:rolleyes:

What what what? We never said anything like that. Show me a quote where any Horizons member (not including Arya) where they have even eluded to a caste system or HANG YOUR HAT IN SHAME!!!

More like vote racism and lies. This whole speech is riddled with lies. SHAME!

:sarcasm:
    Yeah because Communists NEVER use their ideologies to hurt the people.

[/Sarcasm]

And those who are not Communists are Pacifists who invite the Vandal Goblins, England and their Dark Lord to eat your children. Do you want them to eat your children? NO!

I seem to be the voice of sanity during this election. And I’m in charge of the Insane party. SHAME!!!

VOTE FOR TRUTH!

VOTE FOR NO SHAME!

VOTE FOR HORIZONS!!!

6. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

Communism, Pacifism, & Racism? Since when are those part of the SoG standpoint?

How can we trust politicians who don't bother to get their facts straight and leap to conclusions? You know NinjaCow, you know he has a habit of labeling views opposed to himself pacifist or communist or racist when those words really don't represent the views he is referring to. Does this remind any of you of anyone, except replace "leftist" and "authoritarian" for racist, communist, and pacifist?

How are the Sons of Madison racist, I ask you, the citizens? Are they racist because they do not trust immortals as a whole enough to serve under them?

How are the Philosophers Communist? Is it because we give a frak about equality under the law and the common man, therefore we are communist?

How are the Tower Guard pacifist? Are they pacifist because they care more about defending our nation than conquering foreign lands?

For that matter, having proved that the SoG isn't pacifist, communist, or racist, would any of our parties have coalitioned with one that was?

@LordNwahs, you speak of and rant about this thing called the Bourgeois, and I frankly don't have any idea what you are talking about. You sound kinda crazy to me.

-Nukeknockout

7. LordNwahs6

Sorry, I do seem to break into some sort of extremism at times, well, I really need to keep my calm, especially since I'm now part of an actual political organisation, and not a independent. After all, my political party is supposed to be moderate.

I apologise for any errors in my speech in New York, but I still remain my stance that the Horizons do not support mortals, goblins, or halflings having power, and that is a restriction of freedom, and that is racism. The racism that the Horizons Coalition claim that the Sons of Madison have is, in true fact, supporting freedom for all races of men and men-like peoples! The Horizons Coalition merely want to protect their power, and that is why they would stoop that low as to call freedom-loving peoples racists!

Remember, a vote for Horizons is a vote for restriction of freedoms of the people who love our country, and therefore, we must stand strong against such an extremist threat! Vote the SoG Coalition!

8. Sparthage

Sparthage,
    Chairman of the Neo-Imperial Party
    Keeper of the Book of Rings

In LH’s words, here’s the bottom line:
    Sparthage uses Ring of Wrath on Vandal. Vandal is Destroyed. America makes Contact with Tikal, a Cultural City-State.
    Spoiler :

Sparthage uses Ring of Mineral Wealth in Washington.
    Sparthage uses Ring of Summoning in Boston, Great Scientist appears. Great Scientist is Used to Discover Iron Working. America Enters the Classical Age
    Spoiler :

9. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

The Realpolitik Reporter

Headline: Uzbek Descends into Anarchy!
    By Lighthearter​

Bottom Line:
    Uzbek is in rebellion
    New NPC party: Liberty Party

-L

10. Sparthage

Do you have any proof of this? I have stated in the Horizon Coalition Social Group that Goblins, Humans, Immortals are equal in the eyes of the law. I will conform to the Rule of Law if elected. NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW!
    As stated by your leader, the only reason that he does not plan on banishing all Immortals to the Aztecs is because he is too 'gentlemanly' to do so (OOC: Although it's really because that would be agains the game's rules)
    Again, you have no evidence to back this up.

edit: OOC: And LH posts his little thing while I'm writing this. *Sigh*

My stance on Uzbek: Uzbek has suffered too long. I plan on bringing Uzbek into the American Empire's direct control. Goblins will be given the same voting rights as Humans as they will be equal members of American Society. American Citizenship will be available to all Goblins and Humans of Uzbek. And my actions against Vandal were not simply because we were losing the election, it was because Vandal was a beachhead for a possible larger assault by the Dark Lord (He has more powerful weapons than Goblins, you know). I apologize to all Goblins who lost family members in Vandal.

Also, It should be noted that I was not aware that all of Vandal would be destroyed in the attack. My target was the military there, not the civilians.

Spoiler TO ALL IMMORTALS, NO HUMANS :
    I suggest that all who have Rings of Shielding use them on American cities to protect America against any retaliation.

Sparthage,
    Chairman of the Neo-Imperial Party
    Keeper of the Book of Rings

11. Princeof Persia

Princeof Persia Emperor

I vote for NIP and IMWP

12. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

Such is the power of a simple gold band...

Sparthage has revealed his true colors. When he sees a problem, he acts and does not think. He just acts. He has used mighty artifacts to perform frakking parlor tricks, of little value to anyone beyond winning him the election. He has destroyed the goblin city of Vandal in the blink of an eye, but he didn't think. I have received reports of a "dark energy" that has taken hold of the area around where Vandal used to be and quickly kills anyone and anything that enters this area, leaving the land desolate.

Who here wants to bet that the other rings will summon more "dark energy" as a side effect? Who really wants to go down in that new gold mine and die?

Who wants to bet that using these rings so flagrantly will attract the attention of powers we aren't ready to face?

Sparthage claims to have destroyed Vandal as it was a possible beachhead for the Dark Lord's assault, but our troops were literally a turnset away from taking it. Instead of waiting and saving such a mighty weapon for a military target, he struck the city of Vandal, occupied primarily by civilians.

Sparthage's actions were NOT sanctioned by the administration, or the Philosophers, and will never be sanctioned by the Philosophers.

@Sparthage: You utilize a weapon of mass destruction on a civilian target and have the sheer hypocrisy to call us to shield our own cities from such an attack? You have unleashed a new era of warfare.
    Spoiler :
    Fire away, Coward!

My stance of Uzbek: Goblins will be granted full voting rights, and will govern themselves. They will remain aligned with the USA, though.

I personally wish to go to Uzbek to try and stop the violence.

13. Sparthage

OOC: It's called fallout and it can be scrubbed. NONE of it is in American territory.
    Nukeknockout here is fearmongering. Trying to make you fear something good. There is no evidence that there is "dark energy" there. I'm willing to go down into the mine myself and something tells me that I won't be dying.
    If powers do land, then I will be on the front lines. And what evidence is there that there will be new landings. What was to prevent the Dark Lord from sending even more troops to attack us? If he wants to send forces, then he will. No action by us will stop him from doing this. He is at WAR with us. He would not hold back anything because we are surrounded by civilians.
    You do not know this to be true. You do not know what was defending Vandal, nor do I? (OOC: What happened to those Dark Knights anyways?)
    Do you WANT Americans to die?! (OOC: The only reason that I do not do the shielding myself is that LH won't let me use more than 3 rings in a term)

And more OOC: @LH: You said that the Ring of Wrath would only affect 1 tile, not 5 or more. What's with the mass destruction? I used a ring, not an Atomic Bomb!

14. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

I told you:

Soooo . . . yeah. You actually used a nuclear missile.

-L

15. Sparthage

OOC: Still, "a hex" not hexes.

16. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

OOC: actually, Sparthage, it can't. One of the changes made to ciV from cIV is that nukes are more powerful in 3 ways: A: can destroy cities. B: much larger radius of explosion. and C: fallout CANNOT be scrubbed.

Am I fear-mongering? Or am I criticizing your failure to look ahead at the consequences of your actions? Am I implying that if you failed with the Ring of Wrath, you may have failed with the others? You hold the book of rings, surely it must state that this dark energy would come.

We are at war with the Dark Lord, but there is NO reason to call him to our shores RIGHT NOW. and every reason to save such a weapon to, say, destroy the dark tower?

What I do know is that Vandal was also a city full of civilians.

Of course not. I just think it's rather hypocritical of you to slaughter Goblins and then treat Americans as if they are something special when it was you who has created the combat philosophy of mass destruction.

OOC: nuking a hex implies Hiroshima-style crap to me, particularly in Civilization.

-Nukeknockout

17. americanking

americanking Chieftain

I'd like to join the insanely mad warmongerer's party. I vote for the IMWP and NIP.

18. Sparthage

OOC: I don't play civ4, I play Civ3 and Civ5. I rarely ever use nukes in both of them. And I'm pretty sure that fallout can be scrubbed as I have done it before.

19. TMS2224

TMS2224 Chieftain

I am joining and am joining the MOR Party

20. LordNwahs6

Welcome to the party, tms2224! I guess you should cast your votes soon!