1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realpolitik II - Dark Storm Rising

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Lighthearter, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

Welcome to the Party!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::thumbsup: :clap: :clap::clap::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:[party][party]:band::band::band::dance:

2. TMS2224

TMS2224 Chieftain

Thanks Lord N and Tam :D
    I vote for the MOR Party and the Tower Guard

3. Nonevah

Nonevah Prince

age (my title got cut off.)

My speech to the general peoples of America:
    Recently, Sparthage has preformed a series of stunts using the rings we got from England, to try and give him any chance of election. While I support the giving of gold to Washington, and Iron Working to the country, I beleive his destruction of Vandal was, a) a horrible crime against sentience, and b), for those heartless who beleive in the political philosophy of realpolitik (OOC: look it up on wiki, or TvTropes, it's not just the name of this game,) was a waste of rescourses. We were on the verge of taking it, and could have used it to help the rest of the empire, but nooo, we had to nuke it, destroying thousands of workers and corrupting the land that we could have used for a new city, even if we had razed Vandal. I send out my cololences to any goblin families who may have lost relatives and friends in Sparthage's publicity stunt, and the famlies of any army regiments that may have been scouting the area around Vandal for attack.

Hoping that you will not judge the rest of us based on the actions of one renegrade,
    Nonevah.

4. Nonevah

Nonevah Prince

Glad to meet ya, and welcome to the MOR party! :goodjob: :) :D :goodjob:

(sorry for double posting, I got ninja'ed a few times by the new guy and the other MOR members)

5. Tambien

VOTE SOG FOR PEACE AND PROSPERTIY!

*RANTING ABOUT HOW AWESOME SOG IS*

SERIOUSLY, WE WANT TO HELP AND PROTECT YOU!

VOTE FOR PURE AWESOME: VOTE SOG!

Also:
    Join History of the World: An Interactive AAR!

Run by Red_Spy

One more person needed before the King is chosen!

6. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

And the King was chosen wonderfully :D

7. LordNwahs6

LordNwahs6 Cookies for everyone!

It wasn't. The house will get you!!!

(That was OT, let's get back to the regularly scheduled program!)

8. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

OOC: I'M GONE 2 DAYS AND A NUKE IS USED? IN THE ANCIENT ERA? :nuke:

Back to the political scandals of Realpolitik. <sighs> :OOC

It appears Sparthage, once a careful and moderate politician is suddenly being driven to desperation. Whilst I support his attempting to help the nation, and agree that two out of three of his actions were sensible and considered, the third was Incrediblely shortsighted.

The destruction of Vandal may have saved our men from a fearsome battle to take the city ourselves, but the consequences are far-reaching. Already the loss of family members and the devastation of fellow goblins is taking a huge toll on Uzbek, which is now gripped by ferocious fighting, and fear that the people shall live as 'second class citizens'. Also of note is the 'Dark energy' on the penisula of Florida. Whether something can be done about this is yet to be seen, but I doubt it can be done with the current levels of technology available to us. (OOC: IIRC fallout needs a certain tech before it can be cleared, but that may be just civ4) Perhaps Sparthage has another ring that can clear it up, but I'm sure we are all hesitant to allow the use of another ring.

Notable is the fact that, as far as can be seen by the public, Sparthage used these rings completely on his own. There is no consultation, and Sparthage is not even a government official. Indeed, he was thrown out last time he was in office. Are we really comfortable leaving these rings in his hands? Should we allow him to wield indescriminately the powers of the Dark Lord? :evil: Or should we take closer account of these rings, and consider carefully their effects before using them? It appears to me that Sparthage has misinterpreted the Book of RIngs, and the consequences have been horrifying. Had more people been involved, there would have been greater chance of these side affects being noticed, and perhaps we could have avoided this calamity entirely.

DT
    Horrified :faint:

9. Tambien

Nonevah can now send and recieve PMs and join groups!

I sent you an Invite to the MOR None

10. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

The choice is yours, mortals. Sparthage offers power beyond your wildest imaginings, but he has already shown that he won't think beyond winning an election.

the SoG offers nothing but the certainty that we will use our limited powers wisely.

choose well, citizens of the USA.

11. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

Annnd the polls have closed in Boston and New York! Sorry for the delay folks, we had breaking news to report from Uzbek. Now on to the map!

And Sons is leading by a solid ten electoral votes - unless Horizons can make an appeal to Washington the likes of which has never been seen before, it seems to be over. Washington votes at 3PM - in about two hours. Stay tuned!

Apologies, there was an accounting error. The people responsible have been sacked. it's actually eighteen electoral votes counting the bonuses from carrying NY and Boston.

Also, Sparthage has used his Ring of Summoning to create a Great Artist, who has started a Golden Age!

GM note: Future Summonings of Great People take both uses of a Ring, not just one.

But up next - does Dem Taqat really believe in Santa Claus? Such an important national issue may in fact shape the votes of thousands. Stay tuned for important breaking information on this issue of crucial import to national security.

-L

12. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

Indeed, I'm certain that whether or not I, personally, believe in santa claus is a matter of vital importance. :p (as a side note, the awnser is no)

DT
    Independant :)

13. Magnive

Magnive Emperor

Just wondering, would it be possible to include the # number of posts like that on the front page LH? Like, I've sometimes being looking for the game updates, but not being able to find them (Or not very quickly, anyways)

14. Save_Ferris

Save_Ferris Admiring Myself

I am joining as an independent!

15. Sparthage

Sparthage Fighting Tyranny

That was expected.

People of Washington! I come before you to ask for your vote. Our people have already begun to prosper as the wonders of that great artist spread across the land. Even if you do not vote for me, it was my actions that began this Golden Age of America, not the actions of the SoG Coalition. VOTE HORIZONS!!!

16. Tambien

Sparthage is using the great powers of the Dark Lord to do petty Parlor Tricks. He is trying to trick you into voting for him. Remember, last time he was in office hid administration was thrown out. VOTE SOG!

AND JOIN HISTORY OF THE WORLD: AN INTERACTIVE AAR

17. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

And the polls in DC are closed!

And now the elections are concluded! The United States has a new president - James Madison! Congratulations Sons of the Guard!

-L

18. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

I send my congratulations to our new President.

19. Tambien

20. LordNwahs6

LordNwahs6 Cookies for everyone!

Congrats James Madison, for being the first mortal president of our nation! May you lead the american peoples to greater heights!