Realpolitik - Immortal Storms

arya126

Squad Leader
The storms crackled overhead, spitting out its rain in a thunderous torrent. Lightning struck the few trees on the plains, as Elders of the tribe argued. The Elders were said to be Immortal, and were always given great respect, but tonight they were divided.

Thunder rumbled and lightning flashed, signaling the storm was far from over. Voices raised even louder, showing equally obviously the debate was near its climax.

Then the clouds broke just enough for a sliver of moonlight to creep through, managing to illuminate the scene at the same time as a streak of lightning, and all the tribesmen saw the spear flash into the fray of the debate, thrown at the esteemed leader of the tribe, and slashing through his throat. Blood spilled from the wound, and it was clear to all that he, Lighthearter I, was dead. An Immortal, dead.

A voice rose from the shadows, speaking over the thunder and the rain of the storm, speaking those fateful words.

"Our leader is dead. Let this tribe split, its two factions go their separate ways, and have this Storm of Immortality hover in our hearts forever!"

And so the tribe split to go its separate, leaving a history of blood in their wake.

Hello. Although it is likely you know me, and even likelier you hate me, I will introduce myself as Arya126, commonly called just Arya. I have ran several (Failed) RPs in the past, but I feel as if I may be able to pull this one off. This is directly inspired by the original Realpolitik on these forums by Lighthearter, and the rules are almost directly taken from there.

We will be playing as Frederick of Western Germany. However, you should be aware that there will also be a Eastern Germany courtesy of the narrative above...Bismarck has broken off from the rest of Germany. As in, in game there will be 2 different Germanies. Take this as you will. Also, it is worth noting we are NOT on an Earth map.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. There are rules you know. Yes, those pesky things.

Here are the rules:

- I as host reserve the right to veto any action any player wishes to undertake: To consolidate the stability of the AAR, to stop interference with the normal functioning of the thread or simply because I feel like it. Don't mess with The Man.

- Rule #1 of Realpolitik: Democracy is absolute. Even when the Nazis or communists are elected into office, they will still have to answer to the opposition and face elections every forty turns.

- Any member is free to establish or join a political party of his choice. A member can only be member of one party at a time, although he is free to switch allegiance whenever he sees fit.

- I am going to ask everyone to use their own nicknames at all times when playing or in story updates they write. This is to avoid confusion. Exceptions are full names, I.E. arya126's John Arya Armitage, but he must always be referred to in short as Arya.

- Every forty in-game turns an election shall be held, the first election will be in about one week. During the week, I'll grant the right to all parties to organize, unite and campaign to get as many people as they can to vote. Note that everyone registered on the CivFanatics forums is eligible to vote, although refer to the true player measure.

- Parties are allowed to form coalitions. At the end of an election, all votes are tallied and the party or coalition with the largest % of votes wins the election.

- The parties that did not win will be sent to opposition, where they can comment on the policy of the leading faction. I will monitor opposition closely, and the leading players have to understand that failing to appease the public will lead to us penalizing West Germany in-game (improvement deletion, raised unhappiness). It is therefore very important to listen to the public, who can demand re-elections as well.

- If the opposition is strong enough, they can call for a General Strike, a Vote of No Confidence, or if things get REALLY ugly, an Armed Revolution,

- The winning party or coalition will come into office the in-game update after the elections. They will have to put forward three leading figures for the government: A national leader, military minister and domestic minister. These three people, backed up by their party members, will be responsible for making decisions in-game. I will PM the leader personally before each play session, where he has to dictate to me the course West Germany takes. You can place others in government as well, up to a maximum of ten people.

- An independent(non-party) can run for any position save that of the President of the Republic. To run for office, simply state as much in the thread.

- Elections can be ended early if one side concedes defeat, but their starting strength will be lowered and they will gain it much slower.

- Placeholder

-Placeholder 2

- Every reader (including players) has two votes in the elections. Putting in two votes for a single party is not allowed. However, if parties want to play it smart they'll seek coalition with a like-minded party so players can put two votes into their front.

- The host (Arya126) retains full rights to ban any party that has violated these rules. Spamming parties, parties using a complaint generator, parties inciting hate or parties that are found obtrusive for the normal functioning of this thread will be banned from the elections indefinitely.

- Please refrain from PMing me for every Realpolitik-related issue. Alternatives are using the profile visitor comments, or simple commenting in the thread.

- You cannot change your vote once it is cast, but you can withdraw your party from a coalition and join another one mid-elections.

- By voting, joining a party or performing any other form of interaction with this AAR, you declare that you have read and understood these rules to the letter. I don't want to be a jerk guys, so keep it clean!

- True Player Measure - If you only arrive to vote in elections, and come and vote every election but never post in between, then you are going to have your votes taken away because you obviously don't have a stake in the game. In order to get them back, you need to be an active player - even if not the most active - and remain active up to and through an election where you have no voting rights. That's right. You have to prove that you're here to play, not just to vote for a friend. I will be paying strict attention to all lurker voters in the future and adding their names to this list as they qualify.

- Major Party Rule: A leader (or member) of a Party cannot put himself forward for the position of President unless he has another member (not counting himself) within his own party. He can, however, run for any lower position if he so wishes.

That about sums it up. I'll reserve one post after this for the party listing and one after that for the ruling entities/election status, then feel free to post parties or go independent and simply comment.

NOTE: Rules copy pasted almost exactly form RP1. Credit goes to Lighthearter for their creation.

Parties:

Deutscher Staatsangehöriger Party

Led by KaiserElectric
We support a free economy trade in Germany, as government interference in the free market breeds corruption and waste. We also support a strong military force, but are willing to talk diplomatically with our neighbors. It is not the government's place to dictate social policy, rather it is to protect the rights of the common man from those who would seek to take them.
MEMBERS: dot80,

German Federalist Party - DISBANDED

Imperialist Democratic Party
Led by Daedwartin
Among the first political parties to be founded in Western Germany, it is founded to be a Center-Left party in terms of economic and social beliefs, however it takes a hardline on reunification in that it supports forming a United Germany by ANY means necessary. It also is against corruption and racism.
MEMBERS: A.Caesar, pole475

Progressive Liberal Party of Deutschland
Led by CocoIsKing28
A Radical far left Political Party, the PLPD focuses on economic regulation, equality, and peace. Racism is also among the things they hate, as well as Religion in politics, even though there isn't quite such a thing as religion yet.
MEMBERS: constantinople,

Independents:

Lord_Herobrine
SouthernKing
Tambien

Coalitions:

Progressive Imperialism Coalition (IDP/PLPD)

Elections?

NO.

CURRENT ADMINISTRATION:
Frederick Administration

Previous Administrations:

None Yet.

Opposition Gauge: - Insignificant

Opposition Leader: Nobody.

- Insignificant

- Weak

- Minor

- Moderate

- Noticeable

- Fairly Strong

- Strong

- Dangerous

- Murderous

Opposition Actions:

General Strike - Basic action. Must be declared in thread by opposition leader. Based on the strength of the opposition, a certain number of cities will be selected for coin flips. Heads=get off scat-free. Tails=all production shut down. Number of cities depends on opposition strength.

Assassination - Any player may order an assassination of another politician or of an NPC, but if the assassin is successful then evidence always surfaces that reveals who ordered the action. Tread lightly. These assassinations, if successful, will remove the target from play for one turnset if a PC or opposing Immortal, permanently if a true NPC. If a minister is Assassinated, he is removed from office for the duration of his injuries.

Vote of No Confidence - Action that the Opposition Leader can take. Calls on the President to hold a reelection. I may step in depending on the circumstances, however, for one side or the other.

Sabotage - Basic action. May destroy a random province improvement. To perform, ANY player must PM me with the target city and improvement(or leave it up to me) and I will flip a coin for odds of success. Whether it fails or succeeds, I flip a coin again to decide if the President discovers evidence leading back to the instigator of the action.

Kidnap - Functions as Jail, save can be performed by any player. Higher odds of success if you are targeting an NPC. Odds increase further if there are multiple people participating.

Call for Desertion - Advanced action. Opposition leader must announce the call in the thread. Some units may or may not be disbanded. Number of units depends on opposition strength.

Armed Revolution - VERY advanced action. Must be declared in thread by opposition leader. Every player who wishes to participate for either side PMs me with this information:

- Allegiance (Government or Rebels)
- A unit type they wish to raise (Era applicable, please)
- Four promotions (in order of priority) for their unit to receive.
- Name of ship (if a naval unit, otherwise, unit will be called ______'s Company. Ships for the Government will be given the prefix HMS and rebel ships will be RNV(Revolutionary Naval Vessel)).

The leaders (President and Opposition Leader) will be represented by a regiment with a Great General attached.

Then I will improvise in how I execute this.

If you launch a Revolution that fails, you may order a Civil War - causing Cities to choose sides. Some cities may secede and form a new AI nation. The Government may do the same thing if a Revolution is successful. Unless explicitly stated otherwise in the thread, the Government and the new Rebel nation are assumed to be at war.

Armed Revolution Concepts:

The Foreign Legions:

The Legions will provide extra strength to the Government or the Rebels in a Revolution if nearby nations are sympathetic to the cause of either side. Foreign Ministers for both factions in a Revolution may negotiate actively with foreign leaders for more troops - though this may backfire or prove ineffectual.

Government Actions:

Martial Law - Advanced action. All opposition actions except Armed Revolution and Sabotage are made impossible, and the latter is highly unlikely to succeed. Elections are not suspended, however. Is in effect until repealed, even if the President who ordered it is not the one who repeals it. That's right - it transcends elections. However, there are penalties for this action . . . .

Jail - The administration may place another player in jail at any time . . . but this will raise the OSR and could produce disastrous consequences if not handled correctly.

The storyline behind the game will be revealed within the next few days. You have one week to organize your parties before I begin the first administration starting right . . . NOW!

Imperialist Democratic Party

Stance on East Germany: reunification, under any means.

Stance on Economics: American center-left

Stance on Social: same as economic.

Foreign Policy: peace, until we can liberate your people from tyranny. we view other democracies as corrupt unless proven otherwise. these states we will try and court to our side

View on campaign funding: WHAT IS THIS...CORRUPTION I SAY! We will not accept donations to our campaigns. this is the party line. violators will be kicked and expelled from party. We intend to pass a law to enforce this as a law in the nation.

View on other ethnic groups: does it matter if east or west, or even non-German, we are all human beings. open to immigration (OOC: i.e. we are not racist)

View on religion: we accept all religions. if the state has a state religion, we will not oppress other religions.

looks cool

Awesome! The party will be added, and I encourage you to join up as well A.Caesar!

Alright people, encourage your friends to join! I would like to have a decent player base before I open up elections and give an update 0 with some screens of our starting empire, which i promise you is quite good.

I shall join, possibly founding a party a little later.

I might join, depending on which parties develop.

Alright so we have some interest, what we need are some parties! I can't start this without at least 2, preferably more! I know you creative minds ripe for creating a party are just lurking in the background!

Invite your friends, or create a party yourself! I really want to play the first turn set then put Update 0 up so we can get elections underway.

Alright so we have some interest, what we need are some parties! I can't start this without at least 2, preferably more! I know you creative minds ripe for creating a party are just lurking in the background!

Invite your friends, or create a party yourself! I really want to play the first turn set then put Update 0 up so we can get elections underway.

there are two parties right, the IDP, and Independent. granted...only 5 guys among us.

I'll join. If no new leftist parties join, I'll join Daedwartin's party.

there are two parties right, the IDP, and Independent. granted...only 5 guys among us.

Technically independent isn't a political party in the sense of the word in Realpolitiks, merely an affiliation saying you are independent of any various parties. Independents also cannot run for president.

one thing
Assassination - Any player may order an assassination of another politician or of an NPC, but if the assassin is successful then evidence always surfaces that reveals who ordered the action. Tread lightly. These assassinations, if successful, will remove the target from play for one turnset if a PC or opposing Immortal, permanently if a true NPC. If a minister is Assassinated, he is removed from office for the duration of his injuries.
do i PM you if i try this?

I'm joining as Coco.

Progressive Liberal Party of Deutschland

Economics: We support regulation for businesses and trade, as to ensure no corporations take advantage of their workers.

Foreign Policy: We believe in peace with other nations, but will step in to protect other humans from corruption and evil. We encourage foreigners to come and live in our nation if they see fit.

Social Policy: Progressives believe in the right for everyone to get equal education, health care, and so on.

Religious Views: Religions do not belong in politics; we won't support any but will not discriminate against them either.

Ethnic Policy: We believe in a colorblind nation; anti-discrimination.

We consider ourselves far-left (radical).

I will play the opening turn set and post the update by wednesday. If we could get another party set up, preferably one from the right (This forum is so leftist :p) that would be great, but if not Ill start the game and see where this takes us!

I'll join the Progressive Liberal Party.

What we really need is a libertarian party. :p

Top Bottom