Rebel sentiment exploit

milvang

Chieftain
While I can see the reasons for the global rebel sentiment based on average city independence, it opens up one major exploit.

It becomes extremely easy to raise it, simply by kicking out people form colonies. This is most effectively used when attacking, since you can at no cost remove people from colonies to get to 100% rebel sentiment, and once you are done your attacks you can put them back.

It seems to me that this change removes most of the challenge of raising the global rebel sentiment to 50% to declare independence, and later higher for the combat bonuses, which was especially challinging while trying to maintain a large army.

If possible, one simple fix would be not to recalculate global rebel sentiment during the round, but have a fixed value calculated at the start of the round, as the would eliminate the attack bonus exploit.

True I knew of the planned independence changes, and they look very promising. I just didnt know if they were going to make it in soon, so maybe a temporary fix was warrented.

I'm hoping to get it into the next update with the education changes. But that update is slow in progressing due to a new baby in the house. Any spare minute I have is asleep on the couch. :lol:

^ Wow. Congratulations!

Congrats, Dale - you must have a comfy couch...

Not really. :(

And unfortunately the Politics update will have to wait. I'm going to publish 1.07 as it is now (after some testing) with education and REF changes in. Politics will come next version. :)

Top Bottom