Rebel Sentiment from Food Colonists?

popejubal

Emperor
Anyone know how rebel sentiment works with new colonists that come from food or with colonists who wander from city to city?

In particular, if I put a pair of Newspaper fed Elder Statesmen on a tiny island with 3 fish, I'll have 100% rebel sentiment and an enormous bonus to the fishermen's food so that I can pop out a new citizen every few turns.

Does that citizen start out with 100% rebel sentiment too? (it seems like they do, but I don't know if they start out with less than 100% and then get bumped up afterwards because I'm creating a zillion liberty bells).

If I move that colonist to another city, will they carry along some rebel sentiment with them into the new colony? Any ideas on the mechanic for how that works?

Would doing this be worthwhile for increased production in the destination towns? It certainly is worthwhile for the increased production in the fishing village.

Dock + 3 Expert Fishermen + 3 Fish + 50% production bonus from 100% rebel sentiment = overwhelming food surplus. Pretty much every map seems to have at least one of those goofy islands. Grab them while you can.

Rebel Sentiment does not relate to an individual colonist, it is calculated on liberty bells per turn against the population in general.

Colony Rebel Sentiment relates just to that colony and can easily exceed 100%, as in the case you mention, but will only be reported as 100% as that is the maximum value that can be used for rebel sentiment bonuses within the colony.

Global Rebel Sentiment on the other hand is calculated against the total population including colonists working within a colony, scouts, pioneers, soldiers etc. You can calculate the potential value as follows:

Global Rebel Sentiment = bells per turn x 25 / total population.

Your overall rebel sentiment will trend towards this value over time. You can add up your bells per turn from the Domestic Advisor, while your total population is 'All Units' minus 'No Profession' from your Military Advisor.

For more info see Axxon's excellent post here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=293730

Top Bottom