1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rebellion against the Cycles?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Polls' started by Lord Civius, Sep 10, 2008.

?

Rebellion?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2008.
  1. Yes, the Cycles should lose power

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No, the Cycles must remain in power

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Do the citizens of Arete want to enter a Rebellion? If it succeeds, by simple majority, it would strip the CoA (Prime-Faction) of their power and allow for the election of a new prime-faction. This poll will be open for 3 days.

2. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

... Yes. But I want Representation and Police State enabled before electing a new PF.

3. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Yes a DP (Interum General) to lead us in battle during the election cycle while we beeline Fascism. I can agree to that if the Rebellion succeeds.

4. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

I would seriously like to thank whoever it was that voted for the COA. Your thoughts have not gone by the wayside.

5. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I voted for the CoA to lose power for one reason only, we can adopt the Representation Civic. I came up with the Federation idea before the war was started when I left the CoA. Cyc you have done a great job and you are the reason I joined the CoA. A long and glorious dynasty that will live on in the hearts of Areteans forever.

6. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Damn! You beat me to it!

7. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

I am completely torn.

I would like to see the CoA lead us to Fascism, but I also want Lord Civius to have a part in the game-play.

I do want a rebellion when representation and police state factions can duke it out, but that's then; this is now.

If I was to vote yes, when would faction debating begin?

8. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Sep 13, 2008 at 08:41 AM

9. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

If the rebellion succeeds the debate would begin immediately. For the 14 turns until Fascism is available an interum DP (General) will be chosen from among the citizenry, or appointed by the Cycles to lead our nation in this time of war. Then the election poll to determine the new Prime Faction.

10. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

I have yet to vote on this. The CoA has kept this game moving, but now things have ground to a halt with no more game sessions scheduled. Has this vote been given up as lost? If so why should I vote to keep the CoA in power?

11. Cyc

Furiey, the citizens cried for a moratorium. There was a mini coup. Anarchy leaped into the picture.

As soon as we have settled what needs to be done, we will advance. It looks like we have the Military plan worked out now. If all other matters are settled, I can appoint Lord Civius as Supreme Commander and he can play the Save. And you shouldn't vote to keep the COA in power, my friend. It's time has come and gone. Representation is on the horizon.

12. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Cyc, if you want to you can cede to the rebellion and expedite this whole process.

13. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

Why should the Monarchy cede to the will of the rabble?

We at least, even if just for the RPG, have to make some attmept to refuse!

*deploys the Dai Li Agents of the Crown to take out dissenting voters*

14. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Vandal unsheaths his blade and yells, "Come get some!!!" :mad:

15. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Vandal is shot by the guards.

Juuuust kidding ;)

16. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

By the power invested in me by the King for the preservation of national culture, I hereby place Vandal under house arrest, and declare any organizations formed by him until the Monarchy has fallen to be disolved at once!

*puts Vandal in nearest house and seals door*

*places fifty Dai Li Agents to guard house armed with composite bows and short swords*

I think I have got some...

17. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

The rest of the game has stalled so if Cyc and the CoA have no will to resist the rebellion it won't make much for RP. The battles to come and the rise of another dynasty will give the RPers plenty of material.

18. Cyc

So have we got EVERYTHING worked out the way we want it to be? As I said before, we seem to have all the Military stuff put together. We will be switching to Nationhood on the first turn? Are going to counter-attack the Mayans or just kick them out and declare Peace?

We have Representation, but we are headed for Police State as an alternate? Have we got all the potential trades worked out? Will we be at Peace with the World at the end of the TC? Have all the Wonder locations been finalized (at least the 1-3 immeadiate ones)?

Can someone, or the nation as a whole start a thread and report on all the specifics we will have to have done? Thanks.

Don't make Lord Civius do all of this. ;)

19. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I am prepared militarily and just ask that I be given full control of the state for the remainder of the war. I may have to make some hard decisions and I may need the flexibilty. I suggest we re-assess the Mayan situation after the invaders are dealt with. Nationhood will be adopted immediately.

This will give the Reps something to do in the interim :hammer: .

:help:

20. Cyc

I've started the thread in the Citizen's Sub-Forum. Check it out and contribute people. :thumbsup: