1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rebellion Agaist The Triad!!!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Polls' started by Vandal Warlord, Apr 19, 2008.

?

Should the Triad stay in power?

Poll closed Apr 22, 2008.
  1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I feel it is time in a change of government, that is why I propose that the Triad be overthrown! We need a stronger, and much wiser government!

REBELLION!!!:mad:

2. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Before anyone cast their votes, what do you suggest we do if the Triad is overthrown?

3. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I suggest that we hold another election for the PF then we will start from there. This time, we will have much more options to pick for which faction will lead us.

4. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

First out, this poll is flawed, it is set to run for 2 weeks, which is against the core rules. This poll ends 3 of May.

I think the Faith and the Warlords deserve their cities we have agreed on. Only Philosophers have gotten their end of the deal, so the rebellion is not well-timed, just before the Faith and Warlord cities are to be built. This rebellion is not only against Philosophers for that reason, but also Faith and Warlords as well.

The Warlords feel we deserve our city after such a long wait and loyalty, other than the city, we had a marginal impact on the development (save scouting).

If I were the opposition, I would rather carve out a decent platform countering the Triad, not merely stating that they don't like the system. No alternative vision has been presented at all from the opposition, merely degrading our regime. A real rebellion would have a real platform, a real policy, civic change to contest the existing civics and staying true to the present civics.

5. Ballazic

Ballazic King

Provo this rebellion is what is. I call all my friends to stand with us. This rabbelrousers will have their spotlight. But history shines on builders not destroyers.

Glory to the Triad. May my enemies be scourned by heaven.

6. NZL

NZL Proudly Flemish

If the rebellion fails, i propose to declare Vandal Warlord "enemy of the state" with loss of all civil rights as long as Triad faction stays in power.
    When there's a change of Prime Faction, that Faction can then decide what to do with Vandal Warlord.

7. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

we can still run the planned turn sessions during this very long vote. I am hopefull that we should have the three cities in place by then and maybe 1-2 more.

8. Ballazic

Ballazic King

The Triad consul will decide a suitable punishment for these gnats.

9. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

The faith and Warlords may have their cities, it doesn't bother me. The faith and Warlords are doing fine, but, I heavily apose what the Philoiphers are doing in shaping Aretes histroy. I ask that all those who wish too see the Triad removed from power stand with me, although this rebellion has no specific platform, the Triad are shaping Arete in opposition to the people!:mad:

10. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

If I am to be "Enemy of the State" and this rebellion is to fail, I will abandon the rebellion, I will not loose all of my Civil Rights because of something that is destined to fail. But I still feel that Shattered is not listening to all the factions, and guilds, and what we would like to do!

NZl, I will not abandon my faction, I will surrender halfway into this rebellion if we are loosing, but if we are winning, May the heavens guide us. For we will either find a way, or make one!-Hannibal Barca

11. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

This does not go against core rules, The rules say that no rebellion can be longer than 2 weeks, mine is 2 weeks exacly. I follow the rules!

12. Rex rgis of Ter

Rex rgis of Ter Me I'm a Creator

There is no punishment for rebellion, but an inability for the culprit to join our faction for 2 months.

I fail to see any real points in your argument beyong 'enemy of the people'. In order to win you need to make a good, well reasoned argument.

Good luck trying to overthrow us. ;)

13. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Why would I want to join your faction, I am trying to oppose it?:lol:

And in two months DGIII would be over!

14. Rex rgis of Ter

You would want to join because we will win, ands you will remain powerless until a more democratic civic comes to power.

15. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I would never,NEVER abandon my faction!

16. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

When you present such puny arguments and lack of reasoning, you really hurt your cause more than you might know, Vandal Warlord.

I suggest Vandal Warlord be banished from voting for as long as the Triad is in power.

17. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Edit:Never mind!

18. Rex rgis of Ter

No, as head of the Way of the Pure Order, I am in charge of matters of judgment. I see no reason to punish Vandal Warlord for standing up against the government. He is simply voicing his opinion, and we should not stop that. We may be despots but we are not tyrants.

However, I ask every other person who wishes to start a future rebellion to first bring it before the ruling faction(s). Please continue the rebellion.

19. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Vandal Warlord just wasted rebellions chances for two full weeks, effectively securing the Triad for 2 full weeks, thank you. I hope the next rebellion is better organized and planned at least, not merely done out of spite, frustration and lack of initiative and planning.

20. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

If you won't contiue it, i will, if i can't have fun in this game by particapting in disscussion and having my and other peoples (not exlcusively non- PF members) ideas properly listened to, then i will have to overthrow the oppressive government. I don't care that the rebellion is losing badly, this is just how much i think of the triad right now.

Half the time i don't what deicisons have been made, by whom and when, this is NOT how you run a demogame. Don't give me any of that, "well it is despotism, what do you expect". It's one thing to roleplay as a type of government, it's an entirely different thing when you don't listen to anyones ideas and longstanding demogame players arn't active. I can only think of myself, Methos, dutchfire, DS and kwarriorpoet and maybe a few other non-prime faction members who are here regulary, so you have lossed alot of previously active posters and the only really active RP things are the succession game and the PBEM game. So basically thats why i have had enough.

And if you are going to punish me, which without doubt you will considering you jump so fast onto Vandal Warlord case then please consider how are other people meant to present ideas when you dismiss them as being a pain and punish them becuase of it?