Rebels out of control after a war

hucker

Warlord
Once I start getting rebels after a war, and they destroy all my amenities, they just continually keep on coming. How do I stop them when I now have no money to support any weapons to kill them, and I can't build more amenities as they keep pillaging everything?

All you can really do is switch trade routes for gold and trade for amenities and buy entertainment ment buildings. Trade for anenities. Starve cities down so the unhappiness will drop.

The best thing to do is not to grow so big though until you can handle it. Don't get more housing just because you can.

Also try getting to democracy and pit the new deal policy.

This is also why you don't want ti be at war for too long. Beat them up, extort gold from them, and you can always move more troops towards them during the treaty anyways.

Thanks, I think I'll try for shorter sharper wars in my next game. Might aswell keep my own people on my side.

I never get to democracy. LOL I use liberalism or retainers for most of the game. Just watch war weariness and keep cities small if you are a warmonger. And obviously focus on luxuries. Try to ally the city states that give amenities or have luxuries you do not have

@Victoria ....Do all ranged attacks double war weariness?
.... ranged does not double war weariness, but because of the -50% damage range get against cities it takes twice as many attacks... each attack gives the same war weariness but I will attack with 3 warriors or 6 archers.... roughly

.... ranged does not double war weariness, but because of the -50% damage range get against cities it takes twice as many attacks... each attack gives the same war weariness but I will attack with 3 warriors or 6 archers.... roughly

Once again, thank you for your insight!

I really need to start studying all the info you provided in your signature posts.

Of course... the secret is to produce your remixes early and upgrade them later, it's cheaper that way.
If you find a great production spot of course grow your city to fit it, it's nice to have a couple of strong cities if there is a reason for them... but once a city gets to about 7-10 the rest of the tiles are not worth working... most of the time. Many cities need too much investment to be of value songet the key districts in them and stop growing.

Do you mean force a city (or most cities) into zero-growth states so as not to "waste" amenities?

I mean that if my city is 2-3 population with a campus and it's about T100 it's not going to be able to really produce much of value while placing its paltry production into projects and putting its citizen on production tiles and on the campus itself will make it a good science city that does not cause more unhappiness than it needs to.
With 5-10 cities it's not such an issue but having 15 little cities suddenly want more amenities can be rather a surprise.

Top Bottom