1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Rebels out of control after a war

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by hucker, Nov 10, 2017.

1. hucker

hucker Chieftain

Once I start getting rebels after a war, and they destroy all my amenities, they just continually keep on coming. How do I stop them when I now have no money to support any weapons to kill them, and I can't build more amenities as they keep pillaging everything?

2. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

All you can really do is switch trade routes for gold and trade for amenities and buy entertainment ment buildings. Trade for anenities. Starve cities down so the unhappiness will drop.

The best thing to do is not to grow so big though until you can handle it. Don't get more housing just because you can.

Also try getting to democracy and pit the new deal policy.

This is also why you don't want ti be at war for too long. Beat them up, extort gold from them, and you can always move more troops towards them during the treaty anyways.

hucker likes this.
  3. hucker

hucker Chieftain

Thanks, I think I'll try for shorter sharper wars in my next game. Might aswell keep my own people on my side.

4. liv

liv Warlord

I never get to democracy. LOL I use liberalism or retainers for most of the game. Just watch war weariness and keep cities small if you are a warmonger. And obviously focus on luxuries. Try to ally the city states that give amenities or have luxuries you do not have

5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

It's not about war length, it about number of attacks and deaths, using archers will double the weariness of swords and rams.
    I suspect city size was the issue, not wars... stop growing.

6. Karpius

Karpius Chieftain

@Victoria ....Do all ranged attacks double war weariness?

7. Victoria

.... ranged does not double war weariness, but because of the -50% damage range get against cities it takes twice as many attacks... each attack gives the same war weariness but I will attack with 3 warriors or 6 archers.... roughly

8. Karpius

Karpius Chieftain

Once again, thank you for your insight!

I really need to start studying all the info you provided in your signature posts.

9. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

Well, if my cities aren't growing, can I produce enough troops for a small victorious war?

10. Victoria

Of course... the secret is to produce your remixes early and upgrade them later, it's cheaper that way.
    If you find a great production spot of course grow your city to fit it, it's nice to have a couple of strong cities if there is a reason for them... but once a city gets to about 7-10 the rest of the tiles are not worth working... most of the time. Many cities need too much investment to be of value songet the key districts in them and stop growing.

11. Kryxal

Kryxal Chieftain

Do you mean force a city (or most cities) into zero-growth states so as not to "waste" amenities?

12. Victoria

I mean that if my city is 2-3 population with a campus and it's about T100 it's not going to be able to really produce much of value while placing its paltry production into projects and putting its citizen on production tiles and on the campus itself will make it a good science city that does not cause more unhappiness than it needs to.
    With 5-10 cities it's not such an issue but having 15 little cities suddenly want more amenities can be rather a surprise.