recent CD purchases, and opinions

Xen

Magister
just got the remix CD('s- two come in it) of Silent alarm, by Bloc Party (crap name, great band), and it is VERY, VERY awesome the "Banquet [Phones Disco Edit] [Mix]" is awesome- insanelly awesome; so is the song right before it, Postive tension, black box remix- byt they are all kickass.

Actually, the last CD i've recieved in any way is John McChutcheon - Barefoot boy with boots on.
I was going to buy 3 new CD's over amazon, but i've been too busy
BTW yeah it was worth buying

I dont buy CD's.
I either borrow CD's from friends and copy them, or download tracks from less than legal places.
The last Cd i brought would be system of a down - mesmerize. If you like metal, you'll like this almbum. not quite as good as toxicity IMO, but some really good songs on there. B.Y.O.B is awesome!

Kayne West : Late registration is the last album I bought

A+, many great songs, especially 'Hey Mama', a song about his single mother struggling to raise him alone, a song that I can relate to so much

Anyway, as if anyone cared, since I must be among the 3-4 people who listen to rap on these forums :p

The last CD I bought was Smile, by Brian Wilson. The last CD I copied was Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like a Peasant, by Belle & Sebastian. The Model has become a part of my consciousness. A day isn't complete unless it includes that song.

farting bob said:
I dont buy CD's.
I either borrow CD's from friends and copy them, or download tracks from less than legal places.

then you are weak.

It was such a long time ago, that the last cd I bought wasnt a cd, it was an actual record.

farting bob said:
I dont buy CD's.

Dito.
:rockon:
LAst Cd I bought was a gift for someone else.

i just bought "viva la bands" the songs are amazing and the bonus CD is funny as hell.
Bozo Erectus said:
It was such a long time ago, that the last cd I bought wasnt a cd, it was an actual record.
:lol: i acually just bought a record yesterday at the local record store "old school records"

Last CD i got was Off Spring greatest hits and Sublime Greatest hits for my birthday as gifts. last i bought was Eminem Encore

Prolly the Sex Pistols-Kiss This-excellent compilation with the classics God Save the Queen, Anarchy in the UK, and the best cover ever, Sid Vicious's My Way.

I bought the new Life of Agony CD recently (Broken Valley). Great CD, best songs are Love to Let you Down and Day He Died.

Never will beat Don't You (Forget About Me) though.

well, my latest album purchases (admittedly, after some shady "sampling" ) are:
Fat Freddy's Drop - Based On A True Story (sonar kollektiv)
New Zealand act. great rolling hiphop. truly outstanding.
Recloose - Hiatus On The Horizon (Peacefrog)
Formerly Carl Craig's protege and based in detroit, now based in New Zealand and a power musician all on his own. great slow electronic soul.
VERY club worthy, in a slow eclectic way.
cant stop listening to it.
Bruce Springsteen - Devils And Dust (Sony)
Well, typical springsteen style. less rock and more conteplative. very nice mellow album.
blackalicious - the craft (Anti)
top notch hiphop album. just out. if you like quality US hiphop, its a must.
VA - Keepintime a live recording (ninja_tune)
turntabalism magic for the :ninja:. nuff said.

I haven't bought any CD's for at least a couple of months now due to lack of cash :cry: This is quite straining for me as I usually buy about 5 a month!
nonconformist said:
Prolly the Sex Pistols-Kiss This-excellent compilation with the classics God Save the Queen, Anarchy in the UK, and the best cover ever, Sid Vicious's My Way.
'Best ever cover' is a rather debatable term to use for that song :D Maybe the most 'legendary cover ever' would be a better choice.

ComradeDavo said:
'Best ever cover' is a rather debatable term to use for that song :D Maybe the most 'legendary cover ever' would be a better choice.

I fully agree.

Top Bottom