Recommend me minecraft mods

PPQ_Purple

Purple Cube
Title says it all. I've been playing way too much Minecraft 1.7 heavily modded with the Feed the Beast package. And now I want to go a bit leaner. I've settled for version 1.12 because that's where my must have mods (Industrial Craft 2 and Computercraft) are at. And I need recommendations for others to throw into my custom pack.

I am looking for stuff that enhances cooking, farming and other such aspects of the game that are generally underdeveloped and are not covered by the industrial part of IC2. They must be fun without being overly complicated or bloated. Sort of like IC2, that's about the top limit.

I've looked for stuff on my own but I don't know where to begin and frankly all I can find is a lot of megabloated ones where the author clearly just didn't know when to stop so they add hundreds of new items and machines and everything. And I want something simple like back in the day with Xie's cooking.

Help is appreciated.

I am looking for stuff that enhances cooking, farming and other such aspects of the game that are generally underdeveloped and are not covered by the industrial part of IC2.

HarvestCraft and Animania. I also suggest both Cooking for Blockheads and Farming for Blockheads.

To make all the new food a little more worthwhile, I use a combination of The Spice of Life (alternate: Carrot Edition), Nutrition, and Hunger Overhaul.

I also suggest Quark. Except disable the frogs in config because there's a glitch that causes dozens of them to spawn in caves and lag the game.

Thanks. I already looked into harvestcraft and Cooking for Blockheads but they are the sort of mods that add 500 new items and stuff which is way too much to keep track off. I'll look into the others though. Maybe one of them is lightweight enough. Either way that's going to have to wait for my next world as I couldn't wait.

Agricraft may be worth a look at, but I've never tried it and the 1.12 version is only an alpha.

Top Bottom