Recommend me some mods please

Avalastrius

Chieftain
Hi all,

I'm a new CIV V player but not a new CIV player. I decided to return to the series but I have lost contact almost completely.

What I'm looking for is an experience that lasts a LONG time, so I can suck in the atmosphere throught the ages.

I'm also looking for the game to be realistic in its main cores, for example not to have a war between ships and gondolas, and the A.I. doing some -at least- normal diplomacy, economy and war waging choices.

From my experience, in order to experience something like the above, I need some mods. Can you please recommend me some?

Bear in mind that I don't want everything to change or the game becoming difficult just for the sake of it. I have already decided to use R.E.D for the new units. I'm also looking for a realistic map and proper race placement.

You would really help me a lot if you could point me to some mods and propose some game settings to create an epic game.

Many thanks in advance and well met. :)

I also would have to reccommend the Unofficial Patch and Vanilla Enhanced mod.

Many thanks people. Will the two mods diminish the "ancient ships vs submarines" problems or is that not an issue at all?

What about playing an epic size game? Should I aim for slow and huge or use another mode?

Also, is there a real leaders/persons mod or a correct starting place for each race mod?

Many thanks

Top Bottom