Reconquest war applies to flipped cities?

Archon_Wing

Vote for me or die
Genghis somehow declared a reconquest war on me even though I didn't take any of his cities. One of them flipped from loyalty though....

In contrast to many civ 6 mechanics, this one actually makes a little sense. That city might not have left the other empire legally per the other empire's standards, and in game terms loyalty pressure can be used offensively/perceived as hostile.

CBs themselves are still unfinished though, as there is no variance to how wars are calculated as winning/losing based on CB and no way to compel the defender to make peace outside of taking all cities.

This is rather interesting, if it is the case forward settle a city next to any enemy to get reduced warmongering.
I would like to know if this is truly what happens

Easy experiment to run. Per Archon Wing's OP, it appears to be true. Wouldn't be surprising that the code defining whether the Reconquest CB is available is simply "owns a city founded by you".

Not a particularly egregious exploit, I don't think. You need to spend a Settler and wait for the city to flip to Free State and then to your target. I suppose if you're planning ahead and don't mind planting a city you won't get around to owning for a while, it could work. Probably you could have just rolled them and moved on to your next victim by the time

Clever thought though!

PS Does a Reconquest CB lower the war monger penalty for taking cities other than ones you founded? If not, all you're saving on is the initial declaration penalty.

PS Does a Reconquest CB lower the war monger penalty for taking cities other than ones you founded? If not, all you're saving on is the initial declaration penalty.

Taking city WM points = 0.5 x initial declaration WM points..... x3 if it is their last city
Not sure if this is different for reconquest

Taking city WM points = 0.5 x initial declaration WM points..... x3 if it is their last city
Not sure if this is different for reconquest

Supposedly, per civilization.wikia.com: "as long as you declare war on the power that has captured one (or more) of your cities, and you do not capture any other cities, no warmonger penalties apply"

Which implies that taking any other cities results in normal penalties, but whether that's at the Surprise War level or whether this is how it actually works at all is an open question.

In contrast to many civ 6 mechanics, this one actually makes a little sense. That city might not have left the other empire legally per the other empire's standards, and in game terms loyalty pressure can be used offensively/perceived as hostile.

It does and is fair game. It also forces you to make a choice instead of just hitting accept regardless. Of course, not documenting it though....

Anyhow, uploaded a save. This is after the wars as I didn't save during them but Tamar just recently declared a reconquest war against me too. In this case I had NONE of her cities under my possession though I had previously captured 2-- Brazil's capital which I liberated and another city I kept but revolted.... I burned that city down after the revolt though. And then afterwards I went and beat the crap out of them but that's another story.

Attachments

• TOMYRIS 264 1765 AD.Civ6Save
    2.5 MB · Views: 131
Top Bottom