Record for City Growth?

Ric Flair

Chieftain
In a Civ TOT game I had a 1 city (Godiva) in 1945. In 1946 I turned around and it had a population of 33 without benefit of food caravans or trade caravans, etc.
A nearby city (Orlando) had a population of 13 and was growing nicely in 1945 and in 1946 it has a population of 46 with NO food, shields or trade at all, hunger 97 with nothing showing on the city view except a red mask in the middle of a black background.
Furthermore, Orlando has disappeared from the world map although when I move a unit over the square where Orlando was, the game says the two mech inf defending Orlando are still there! Orlando still shows up in the city status report.
Another nearby city (Washington) saw me rush build an airport there early in the 1946 turn, only now instead of 160/160 the city status report says 8192/160!
Has anyone else seen this kind of city growth and if so do they have any idea what causes it?

I don't play TOT, but sounds more like a bug or a computer glitch than massive growth. Usually that kind of city growth has to be managed very carefully.

Top Bottom