Recources Design

Civmansam

King
This thread is for Recources Design:

1. Tibanna Gas - necessary for all ground units that use blasters and armed space craft

2. Duralloy or Durasteel - necessary for all combat space craft and some ground units (AT-ATs for example)

3. Carbonite (not sure if this was a resource) - No ideas.

4. Bacta or Kolto - improves health

5. Cortosis - could be used to build units which are strong against Force-sensitive (since Cortosis could block lightsabers)

6. Yuuzhan Vong coral - necessary for Yuuzhan Vong organic units

7. Lightsaber Crystals - needed for all Force-sensitive units(1-7 Rabbit_Alex)

8. Moons, give happiness and commerce (Woodelf)

9. Nerf's, give extra food. (Dual)

10. Dewback, Food can create mounted troopers (Rabbit_Alex)

On page 47 of the original thread I made the following suggestions:

1. Tibanna Gas - necessary for all ground units that use blasters and armed space craft

2. Duralloy or Durasteel - necessary for all combat space craft and some ground units (AT-ATs for example)

3. Carbonite (not sure if this was a resource) - No ideas.

4. Bacta or Kolto - improves health

5. Cortosis - could be used to build units which are strong against Force-sensitive (since Cortosis could block lightsabers)

6. Yuuzhan Vong coral - necessary for Yuuzhan Vong organic units

7. Lightsaber Crystals - needed for all Force-sensitive units

Dual said:
It might be nice to have a couple of animal resources too. Like Banthas and Nerfs.

A Star Wars Civ 4 Mod wouldn't be complete without some scruffy nerf herders. :D
Dual, use the Force, and run ...

Shqype said:
lol :lol: that's pretty good

Anyway do you think we should have different moons? Or should there only be one moon recource

Civmansam said:
lol :lol: that's pretty good

Anyway do you think we should have different moons? Or should there only be one moon recource

I think several types of moons that yield different resources when mined. We could have ice, ores, gases, ect.

Yeah good idea. Maybe there should be only one recource and many improvements, if you have a ore mine, you get ores, if you have a gas tank, you get gas.

Civmansam said:
Yeah good idea. Maybe there should be only one recource and many improvements, if you have a ore mine, you get ores, if you have a gas tank, you get gas.

That was my other idea. ;) I guess it depends on how we want the improvement to change the appearance of the moon.

Shqype said:

Heh, too late, now I'm going to have to make a nerf model. :lol:

I managed to find a drawing of one online, and it looks somewhat like a small yak. I'll mess around and see if I can make a decent model of it.

Nice that'll help us, now we can have a nerf recource. What should it give, happiness? commerce? Pain to any civ that has Luke :lol:

Civmansam said:
Nice that'll help us, now we can have a nerf recource. What should it give, happiness? commerce? Pain to any civ that has Luke :lol:

I think it should give a health bonus, and a food bonus like the cow does in the vanilla game. According to wikipedia, the nerf is raised for it's milk and meat. So it's basically a "space cow". :lol:

Are there any pics out there for improvements you'd like to see for these resources Civmansam? I like whipping them up.

We should have banthas as another replacement for the vanilla cows/sheep/pigs. Dewbacks (big lizards stormtroopers use) could be a replacement for horses. Modelling them wouldn't be too hard to you guys.

Have a good day.

woodelf said:
Cool. I officially have a modeling "to-do" list. :D
And what is this to-do list? I hope all the mandalorian helmet is number 1:p

Updated 1st post with Dewback recource

Here's the Bacta tank improvement.

Render shot:

And files.

Attachments

• Bacta.zip
    19.7 KB · Views: 184
Thanks. Anymore pics of improvements? If so, send them my way. I need a break from heads.

Top Bottom