Recruiting for 6 player FFA, set time, days flexible

Onan

Dad
If you enjoy playing against people (grown ups who actually know how to behave themselves!) instead of dumb AI, but don't have the time to play a game all in one sitting, and the timing works for you, join us! Full diplomacy from start to finish, as well as the full range of settings (barbs and huts on, for example) make this the way civ was meant to be played.

Looking for 8 players to fill 6 spots (2 subs). First come, first served--both in posting, and in terms of who can be reliable in showing up on the days we decide.

New players are welcome.

All skill levels are welcome, I like to help out or train up new players; however, be aware that most in the game will know civ 5 very well, and it may be a steep learning curve. (Ally with a vet, you'll be okay. ;) )

This game will be run over as many sessions as it takes, until a victory condition has been reached, or all have conceded the game to the winner.

Timing

We play in the evenings in Auckland, NZ, starting at 8pm. Sessions usually last 2-3 hours. We have moved to daylight savings here, so currently our timezone is at GMT +13 hours. As most places in the northern hemisphere will be coming off daylight savings soon, the game will shift an hour earlier for you.

Days are arranged based on the players' schedules.

For example, start times in these places are/will be (current/ after the north moves off daylight savings):

West Coast US: Midnight/11pm
East Coast US: 3AM / 2AM
London: 8AM / 7AM
Sydney: 5pm (changed already?)

More Info

See these organizing threads, and also have posts about the story of what happened in the game later in the thread.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=417627
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=429982
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=437570

For this game, a small map, either continents or pangaea most likely. Settings are up for discussion. Barbs, huts, city states (at least some) all ON.

Post here if you are interested! If you do, please also subscribe to this thread, choose instant (or at least daily) email notification, and make sure that gets sent to an email you check daily. This really helps with our coordination in setting up game sessions.

Talked with Onan and i think i'm in this time. Time will change soon,. giving me 1 more hour to play.

If you enjoy playing against people (grown ups who actually know how to behave themselves!) instead of dumb AI, but don't have the time to play a game all in one sitting, and the timing works for you, join us! Full diplomacy from start to finish, as well as the full range of settings (barbs and huts on, for example) make this the way civ was meant to be played.

Looking for 8 players to fill 6 spots (2 subs). First come, first served--both in posting, and in terms of who can be reliable in showing up on the days we decide.

New players are welcome.

All skill levels are welcome, I like to help out or train up new players; however, be aware that most in the game will know civ 5 very well, and it may be a steep learning curve. (Ally with a vet, you'll be okay. ;) )

This game will be run over as many sessions as it takes, until a victory condition has been reached, or all have conceded the game to the winner.

Timing

We play in the evenings in Auckland, NZ, starting at 8pm. Sessions usually last 2-3 hours. We have moved to daylight savings here, so currently our timezone is at GMT +13 hours. As most places in the northern hemisphere will be coming off daylight savings soon, the game will shift an hour earlier for you.

Days are arranged based on the players' schedules.

For example, start times in these places are/will be (current/ after the north moves off daylight savings):

West Coast US: Midnight/11pm
East Coast US: 3AM / 2AM
London: 8AM / 7AM
Sydney: 5pm (changed already?)

More Info

See these organizing threads, and also have posts about the story of what happened in the game later in the thread.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=417627
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=429982
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=437570

For this game, a small map, either continents or pangaea most likely. Settings are up for discussion. Barbs, huts, city states (at least some) all ON.

Post here if you are interested! If you do, please also subscribe to this thread, choose instant (or at least daily) email notification, and make sure that gets sent to an email you check daily. This really helps with our coordination in setting up game sessions.

i could also play this, but the time schedule does not fit will for Europe

Yeah, at least for games that I'm organizing, I have to stick to times that work for me, when I'll consistently be able to play. I realize that will exclude a bunch of players...what I'm looking for are those it does or could work for, at least once a week.

I would be interested if you need another soldier. PM me

I would prefer standard continents all victory conditions

Well we are 9 players now...are we trying with all this people?

I am interested in this plan. At the moment I have effectively a maximally flexible schedule, so I can play nearly any time - although I am slightly more likely to be out of town on the weekends.

Nice to see so many putting their hats in the ring so quick!

So far we have:

Onan
Tabarnak
zalta
donhenriko
NOQUITTERSULTAN
the oob
tommynt
malitano
Laurier
Alistair Cookie

Anyone else please continue to post if you're interested. (I wasn't actually clear, for example, if donhenriko and NQSultan actually can play at the scheduled time or were hoping to negotiate a different time...)

Now comes the hard part--coordinating everyone / a day to play the first session.

Important: When do you all come off daylight savings / move to 'winter time'? We've already switched here.

Can everyone please state what days this week they can play, starting from Thursday (not much chance we'll get this all sorted out and play by tomorrow). Also what timezone you're in, it should help.

For example, I can play any day except Tuesday (1 Nov). (We should almost all be on the same 'day', whether it's 8pm here, 2am East Coast US, or 8am in Europe--the exception will be for anyone on the West Coast US...if we're starting at 11pm your time, that will actually be on the day before, your Monday night. East Coast you'll have to remember, Tuesday 2am it might be easier for you to think of as 'late Monday night'. However, please post your availability as Tuesday.)

I know I have a tendency to get over-detailed...just trying to avoid confusion here; hopefully I'm not creating any. :)

So...yeah, I can play Thursday (27 Oct), Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, and Wed (2 Nov).

Ideally we'll have at least one fixed day per week we can set, and generally get an average of 1-2 sessions each week.

Well we are 9 players now...are we trying with all this people?

We'll still only run the game with a max of 6. It's too buggy / laggy with more.

I am interested in this plan. At the moment I have effectively a maximally flexible schedule, so I can play nearly any time - although I am slightly more likely to be out of town on the weekends.

Interesting that I can post after you, but before you on the forum time in the post. Do you guys see it that way too? I guess the system's not set up to deal with the dateline.

Time shifts on Sunday Nov.6 for me, a dozen days away.

I am good for Monday through Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair_Cookie at Oct 24, 2011, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Onan at Oct 25, 2011, 05:19 AM
Interesting that I can post after you, but before you on the forum time in the post. Do you guys see it that way too? I guess the system's not set up to deal with the dateline.
Forum time appears to be in order. Oct 24, then Oct. 25.

I can play every days excepted maybe Sundays(depend what i'm doing) and november 13th. But from Monday to Friday it shouldn't be a problem.

November 6th is indeed the day to switch, I believe for all of North America. Certainly where I am in any case.

I am in Mountain Standard Time, or GMT -6. Therefore, for me, we would be starting at 1am the previous "night" if my calculations are correct.

For the week of Oct. 27th through Nov. 2nd, I am available at 1am every night.

Long-term, your Thursday nights (1am "Wednesday" night for me) have the best chance of being reliably free. Given that this works with everyone so far, I would say Thursday nights have the vote lead right now.

This has the added bonus that we start soon. ; >

Top Bottom