Recruitment Drive?

fe3333au

Deity
Just wondering ... lately there has only been about 6 active posters and an equal amount of poll voters ... Many of the 21 are missing ...

Now that we have an idea as to the running format of the game ... should we go on a recruiting drive amongst the other CFCers that we have contact with or indeed outside of these sacred forums ...

I know that Classical_Hero contacted many that he played against ... (I was one of those) ... should we all think about potential players?

Just looking at getting more voices happening

We should also do our best to get our current players active too.

Surely there has been more than 6 people. Myself, you, CH, Chamnix, peter grimes, general w, cg, emp n. (scince hes been back), azzaman (i think), ybbor. Anyone else?

Example - Domestic Ministry - Term 2
>Chamnix, Rambuchan, fe3333au, Classical_Hero, Kentharu, General_W, Peter_Grimes, Meleager, ybbor, azzaman333, CivGeneral.

Defence against barbarians ... important discussion as has affected the plans discussed in the above thread ... Classical_Hero, fe3333au, Meleager, Peter_Grimes
... and now we are in a war footing with every city producing warriors.

As mentioned before ... I am new to this Demo concept ... but I assume that the mechanics are the same ...

So is this the normal or would there be usually more input??

EDIT - Polls (and not the joke, lets have a bit of fun polls) are on average 12 voters ... that is half our citizenship

Meleager said:
Surely there has been more than 6 people. Myself, you, CH, Chamnix, peter grimes, general w, cg, emp n. (scince hes been back), azzaman (i think), ybbor. Anyone else?

Kentharu and BlackHole are (or were) around here a bit.

And i dont think we really need to go out and recruit people. about half of the people dont really put in much. we'd just have to worry about more people who dont pay taxes to our glorious empire :mischief:

I have just sent PM's about the game to every member who has not posted within the last week

I was banned for 3 days and have been enjoying a long sunny weekend / public holiday for the other 3 days. I sent Hero a PM to let him know. I am back now and intend to comment.

I'm a bit of a newbie to demogames. IMHO as long as we have enough people to operate the team's play, then we are fine.

Rambuchan said:
I was banned for 3 days and have been enjoying a long sunny weekend / public holiday for the other 3 days. I sent Hero a PM to let him know. I am back now and intend to comment.

I'm a bit of a newbie to demogames. IMHO as long as we have enough people to operate the team's play, then we are fine.
Remember, do not show nipple's again. That is good to see, but not on this site. I'm sure you were enjoying theEnglish Beating Australia. :mad:

classical_hero said:
Remember, do not show nipple's again. That is good to see, but not on this site. I'm sure you were enjoying theEnglish Beating Australia. :mad:
Yes of course I have been enjoying that. But notice I left it to you to bring up, rather than me rubbing your face in the fact the Aussies just don't know how to deal with swing bowling, nor can they deliver it themselves. We are witnessing the dawning of a new age and I don't mean MIA settling the Ivory Coast. :p

the reason i dont post in some places is that some of the things you guys get into are way to techinical and complicated for me (plus im a noob at civ period) all those if you work here then this will happen and what not that doesn't really matter to me, i play by feel or instinct so when it comes to wars or diplomat stuff im there anything else.... not so much
plus school is starting and im getting a little swamped with homework already (honors english is a pain) ill try and post more if it's needed

Don't get me wrong ... :blush: I hope I'm not comming across as a "YOU VILL POST" Nazi ...

I was just curious ... and you are active in the polls anyway ... :D

It seems we may have lost some more players (just look at the team Pbem thread). Of those players who signed their name upon the consitution with their blood only these remain:

Clasical_Hero
Emp. Napoleon
Meleager
fe3333au
ybbor
azzaman
kentharu
peter grimes
chamnix

seriously we have lost alot of people (there were 17 founding fathers and mothers)

Of course we have also gained people.
Just though I would bring that up.

EDIT - there goes the question mark

Azzaman is definitely around. He chimes in often enough to warrant removal of the question mark.

As Fe3333au posted earlier, I don't want to come across as a posting nazi. I think as time goes by, and our civ evolves, it'll be patently clear who is active and who isn't. Who knows - I may lose interest in favor of a less sedentary hobby in a month or two... Bu I sure hope that doesn't happen

More reasons why you haven't seen me posting:

~ I'm finding the increasing complexity of these games a bit too nerdy for me. I'm a PBEM noob remember. I do like civ and take it quite seriously on single player however this PBEM and Team stuff, fun though it is, is just taking the game far too seriously for me to keep up. It's far too time consuming for me especially considering...

~ My general schedule each day has changed now. This means that I am now out on the town in the evenings and late at night (the times when I usually went through the MIA threads). As much as I've enjoyed all this planning, teaming, joking and sharing of civ knowledge, I'd much rather be out chatting to and playing with sexy ladies. ;)

~ I've been busy finalising the scenario in my sig, which took a lot of work.

~ I'm generally staying away from the computer more.

Having said all these things, I do drop in on the MIA forum and check what's going on. But I just do this in a far more casual and skim reading fashion.

Sorry to lay this all down guys. But it's my life and I'm gonna get laid! :D

I was just listing the founders. I know there are some natural citizens too. I removed azzamans question mark.

Top Bottom