1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Recruitment of new members

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by robboo, Feb 15, 2006.

1. robboo

robboo Chieftain

AS some of you are aware, some of the other teams have been recruiting "great" civ players for their teams. As we sort of discussed none of us at that time had won the game passed Monarch( that might have changed withnew faces), so do you guys know of anyone who is a "great" civ player that might be recruitable to our team.

Are you guys happy with our situation or do you think we should go recruiting.

2. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

I wouldn't worry about it too much, since being able to beat the ai at higher levels doesn't mean you can beat a human player, however if anyone does know someone experienced at beating civ4 on the higher level then by all means, invite them to join the team.

3. dlab

dlab Chieftain

i fully agreen with robi. also i think more important than beeing a "great" AI player is, that u r willing and have the time to join discussions. what could really help, would be people haveing much experience playing longterm multiplayer games.

4. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Well we have a few on here already that have played long term games in multiplayer.

5. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

AI and human players are really different so even a warlord level player could in theory beat a monach player, i dont play many SG's which ive found the majority of experienced players are but i do play a few mp's so i might ask around.

6. robboo

robboo Chieftain

I joined a few multiplayer games in the past few days to hopefully improve my feeling of how to play against real people.

BCLG...be nice to the Chinese. :)

7. Kuningas

Kuningas Chieftain

I am fairly confident that I beat emperor. But I haven't played game above monarch :)

8. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

i have beat monarch repeatedly :) but no more.

I have great faith in general Robi to steer us through the storm