Recurring Themes

AuganM

Chieftain
We all have tales we like to share about our Civ games, how you managed to fend off the Assyrian army with a composite bowman and a work or how you took your settler to water only to realise you just settled a city on a lake, but I want to hear about those stories that happen time after time in your game.

Here's my recurring story:

It gets to about the medieval era, I've met a few civs including Mongolia and Genghis proposes that we become 'bezzie m8s' I accept as the more allies the better. Genghis being himself gets denounced and plunges himself into a series of wars which I inevitably get dragged into causing me to become worse than him.

I should know better but like an abusive partner, you hope it'll be different this time.

Tell me your recurring tales and maybe why you think it happens again and again.

Lets build a navy. Navies are cool. Crank out galeasses like there's no tomorrow.

Dominate the seas. noone can best my fleet of galeasses. No need to upgrade to frigates just jet, two galeasses can take out one of them with ease.

Get in a war with multiple civs at the same time, multiple frigates destroy most my fleet, rest gets upgraded ASAP and flees into cities to not get shot to bits.

Dominate the seas. noone can best my fleet of frigates. No need to upgrade to battleship just jet, two frigates can take out one of them with ease.

Get in a war with multiple civs at the same time, multiple battleships destroy most my fleet, rest of it gets upgraded ASAP and flees into cities to not get shot to bits.

Dominate the seas. noone can best my fleet of battleships. No need to get subs just jet, the battleships take out one of them with ease.

Get in a war with multiple civs at the same time, multiple subs destroy most my fleet, rest of it gets upgraded ASAP and flees into cities to not get shot to bits.

This happens way too often.

Top Bottom