Red Alert 2

Dell19

Take a break
I have had this game for less than a week and have already nearly completeld the Soviet campain. This may be because I have not changed the difficulty settings and I may not actually be at the end.

Wondered if anybody else has RA2 and what they think about it. I think its good but too easy and even though magazines are always going on about having to use loads of different units, it still results in the largest army winning. Its just the largest mixed army now.

I had RA2 and liked it very much but online play was pretty buggy :(
I liked to play Lybia, the suicide truck is so kewl ;) Used to sneak on the corner of the map and then full speed as deep into the enemy base as possible. It's fun when you have the truck in the middle of the enemy base and see that he can't kill it because else he would trigger the explosion :lol:

I thought the soviet campain was pretty funny. You end up killing everyone and take over the world! I haven't played any skirmish missions yet but I will probably be the English first for obvious reasons...Those airships are sooo slow...

The English Sniper is fun :goodjob:
Build some as soon as possible and hide them in some woods. Good for killing sneak seals/chrono troopers :goodjob:

Its weird how snipers seem to be incapable of damaging building or tanks whiich is damn annoying! :mad: I have only used one once on a soviet mission and it killed most of the enemies but then I accidently killed the president...I was supposed to capture him... :(

the thing about RA2 is that the zeppelin is too powerful, its nearly impossible to shoot it down with flack

Originally posted by .:KNAS:.
the thing about RA2 is that the zeppelin is too powerful, its nearly impossible to shoot it down with flack

Thats not exactly true unless you have five plus Zepplins because they are sooo slow.Also if you use the allies fast tank that can attack air units then its possible to keep on retreating and eventually kill it. Plus Zepplins don't automatically attack so if you keep a player busy they might not notice you killing their airships.

Ah Okay although they do have the best tank that they can use to take down Airships...

I finished The Allies campian after building a chain of prism towers all the way to the Kremlin :)

i used the weather control thing to win, but then i barricaded my gi`s in the kremlin so i lost, had to do it all over again:(

and i didnt know that apocalypse tanks could shoot down aerial targets.........

:lol:

I always have two saves so that if something goes drastically wrong I can back step and win next time...

I completed in about two weeks of two hours playing each...

28 hours to your 36 hours :)

Originally posted by Dell19
I completed in about two weeks of two hours playing each...

28 hours to your 36 hours :)

Is that both sides? Seems kinda short for both sides but I guess I do play defensive most of the time.

Both sides but on the easiest level...I beat the computers times on every mission by a long way except for two Allied missions that I just got bogged down on.

Mine's in French so i'm not real sure what everything is called but with the Allies, it fairly easy to win. All you have to do is get about 3 or 4 carriers, a couple of those things that shoot down air missles, and then the ships that can see the subs. With just these naval units you can dominate.

Top Bottom