RED compatibility

Skaz881

History Major
Is RED/Ethnic Units compatible with VP and if not what can be done to make it compatible?

Siege Tower

Chieftain
RED is compatible with VP. @vyyt lists this tweak to make Ethnic Units compatible, but I don't know if this is still necessary for newer versions of VP.

I have used RED with VP for years with no problems. There are a few units added by VP that RED does not scale down, such as the Explorer, which may be jarring or funny next to your other units. It may be possible to add these units to RED for yourself. In the past, some have reported errors when using RED related to running out of video memory, mainly in the late game. I have not experienced this or seen this in mentioned in a long time, but may be more common with large maps/more civs/etc. If it causes issues, you can always disable RED and reload any save.

Hope this helps!

Jdoug312

Prince
I've been using Dolen2's Diversity mod for a few years now, but before that I used RED. You can add VP's new units with some basic pattern recognition in the SQL files. I had late game issues with crashing and graphical glitches back then (always on Huge + Marathon or Epic) but if you follow the graphical suggestions in the first post of Dolen2's mod, you shouldn't have any issues. I turn the leader scene quality to high instead of the suggested medium, though

Skaz881

History Major
Thank you, I don't use the unit scaling, just the graphics. I'm trying to figure out what's been making me crash at random points.

N.Core

Chieftain
The funny thing is that I'm actually doing the opposite by trying to borrow unit rescaling and formation from that mod.
This time made for VP and other modmod specifically.

Apparently, unit ethnic graphics is a memory hog, and I don't recommend using it for such a packed mod like VP.

Top Bottom