Red Exclamation Point?

Dactyl

Warlord
I understand that a red exclamation point over a barbarian unit means that it has located one of your cities and is headed back to a barb camp to spawn raiders. However, I also sometimes see the red exclamation point over my own units or the units of AI civs. What does it mean in that case?

Now that you have discovered it the question becomes, what will you name it? :)

Which is sad, because this was a new feature of the patch. I pretty nice one at that, imo. But alas, it came with bugs. Why even do a patch if your patch isn't bug free? Seems counterproductive.

The red exclamation point is also quite ugly, to be sincere. A nice 'eye' icon would have looked nicer. As it is now, it just looks rushed.

Which is sad, because this was a new feature of the patch. I pretty nice one at that, imo. But alas, it came with bugs. Why even do a patch if your patch isn't bug free? Seems counterproductive.

Because games are pretty much impossible to be totally bug-free.

Patch with annoying but non-critical bug > no patch

If you think Civ puts out patches with new bugs, go take a look at AW. They put out patches all the time and most of the "fixes" are to fix something that was in the last patch that had not been there before.

Sorry for the thread necromancy.

That little red exclamation mark. It's still there today.

How do I get rid of it? It never goes away.. .there are no barbarians anywhere, yet that's what this thing says.

It means that these units discovered an intruder and they are entering combat to flush him out.

Spoiler :
I wonder how* many of you are familiar with Metal Gear...

EDIT: rewrote sentence

Last edited:
Top Bottom