Red Mod Question for Gedemon

regularkid

Chieftain
Hey hey Gedemon (or anyone who can help with this),

Myu friend and I still play Red Mod regularly, and it has brought us much joy and hours of entertainment. We play hotseat against each other all the time.

We modded several aspects of the game for balance. One aspect we would like to change is the combat damage cap. It seems that units cannot inflict more than 15 damage in a single engagement, no matter the strength difference between the units. We've tried and tried to find a way to raise the cap, but can't locate the value in the code. Would you be able to point us in the right direction?

Thanks again to Gedemon for making a truly incredible civ v mod, which, in my estimation, stands alone as its own game. It is a masterpiece.

Best,
Joe

It's been years since I've modded civ5, it's not installed anymore.

So I don't remember exactly, but I just had a quick look at the project on gitHub, I suppose it's in "0- VanillaCiv5Database.sql" (COMBAT_DAMAGE)

But it's set at 20 there.

You could maybe try to uncomment (ie move lines out of the section starting by "/*" and ending by "*/") the related part of code in "1- VanillaCompatibility.sql"

Hey, hey, @Gedemon . Thanks for your reply. I tried both of your changes, neither of which worked.

On the change log, it says that you made the relevant revision in v.39 (May 22, 2015). The log states, in part:

"- DLL :
. . .
Max received damage in any situation is 15 HP, to prevent kills in 3-4shoots."

I tried to fish around on github for what the specific change was, but came up empty. Does this refresh your recollection on where the relevant code is? Do we need to make a change to the "DLL" file? Thanks again for your help.

Best,
Joe

Ho, in that case it was moved to the core side, you'll need to re-compile the DLL to change it.

https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ5-DLL (one of the WWII branches)

easier said than done if you've never compiled one, but there are tutorial on the site.

Thanks for the github link. My friend and I just spent several hours pouring through the source code to find any mention of "max" "damage" "15" "20" etc. that seemed on point with what we're trying to achieve. We focused on files that were modified from May 2015 on, because that's when the relevant change was made.

We came up empty.

Any further guidance you might offer on where the pertinent code is?

Thanks again for all your help.

Top Bottom