Red square

Zaimejs

Emperor
I wish this were a post about a mod to add Red Square to Civ V as a wonder... but no. Unfortunately, I just noticed that I've been getting the red and white checkers playing Civ V on 10.8. I don't think I had this problem before, although I had read about others experiencing it.

After some research, the squares may be due to overheating. I checked my temp and my GPU die was running at over 172 F. I shut off Civ V and I have it down to 166... but it still seems to be running really hot for not doing much.

I noticed that some of you have issues with running on 10.8. I didn't notice it being much slower than usual, but this overheating thing is a concern. Can anyone tell me what temps they are running?

I'm on an iMac 2.7 i5 with 12 GB ram and Radeon 6770M 512MB.

Thanks!

I'm getting the red checkers too. For me, they usually appear where there should be marshes or flood plains. I've seen this problem on occasion since the game was released. It went away last year when I upgraded my GPU, but now it's back in the G+K expansion...

With SMB Fan Control running I got my expansion bay down from 110F down to 99F (although I'm sure the actual GPU is running hotter than that). Still seeing the red checkers. I've ended up using the In-Game Editor mod to manually change the afflicted tiles.

Mac Pro 1,1 with 15GB ram, ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB graphics

Top Bottom