Redcoat and Continental Infantry

Deliverator

Graphical Hackificator
Presenting the first custom units to use Civ 5 animations! Both models use the mesh from the Civ 4 Colonization Imperial Musketman. The Redcoat reskin was by Oleg153 and the Continental Infantry reskin was by myself.

The units use the Civ 5 American Minuteman animations. Using Civ 5 animations means the unit is fully hooked up with sound and effects and the animations are much smoother than with the Civ 4 conversions so far.

The files are in the form of a mod - this mod is purely designed to showcase the art and is not intended to be a serious gameplay mod. Releasing the files in this way should make it easier from people to integrate these new units into their own mods should they wish.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Download Here <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Attachments

• rc1.jpg
    rc1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 14,943
  • rc2.jpg
    rc2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 14,197
  • rc3.jpg
    rc3.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 12,160
  • rc4.jpg
    rc4.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 12,426
  • rc5.jpg
    rc5.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 13,567
Very nice. Looking forward to the skeleton and tutorial when you get the chance.
Anyway very nice, happy to see you got the anims working.

Cheers.

Really nice units.

I hope you will do the french grenadier of the Napoleonic Old Guard :)

Fantastic looking, great job:goodjob:

btw does anyone know how to change that "icon" above them and put the flags back, when we get like 50 civs later, colors will match (somewhat) i hate that icon besides its in the way and i can't even tell now whom is whom:( (PM me cause i dont want to take over this thread with stuff, unless Deliverator says its ok:confused:)

Any interest in making skins for other nations. The default musketeer drives me crazy. I hate that there are no colonial era uniforms.

Could you do French, Spanish, Prussian(German), Russian

and maybe Dutch, Portugese, Sweden, and Papal States?

Nice! Is there a way to use these units to update existing ones? For example, I want to use your Redcoats as the English Musketman, just changing the graphics and leaving all other stats the same...

Generaly, whenever someone uploads something to CFC with a download link, it means you have free reign to use it as long as you credit the source.

Does this mod work with BNW?

I'm trying to add a musket-wielding redcoat model as a unique unit for England.

I extracted the mod to the mod folder, I edited out all the extraneous civ 5 units in the two artdefines files, (the whole civ 5 roster is included in the two civ5 artdefines files), edited the redcoat.xml file (see attached) to give it promotions and override the Musketman for England, loaded the mod without loading any other mod that adds units.

In gameplay, no musketmen appear when the appropriate tech is reached, as England.

I've never had this trouble with other modded units, but this particular mod is obviously bare-bones compared to most.

If this mod is incompatible with BNW or otherwise unusable, can someone direct me to a more accessible musket redcoat infantry unit for me to incorporate into my game?

Attachments

• redcoat.xml
    3.8 KB · Views: 124
Does this mod work with BNW?

If this mod is incompatible with BNW or otherwise unusable, can someone direct me to a more accessible musket redcoat infantry unit for me to incorporate into my game?

The mod won't work with BNW as it is. This is because the format of Art Defines changed at some point in Civ 5's development. This was one of the earliest models I did for Civ 5. If you look at a more recent ones such as this one you should be able to play spot-the-difference in the way the Art Defs are set up. To be clear, there is no issue of compatibility - the art assets will work - it is just that the Art Defs need to be set up in the newer way.

Top Bottom