dylansan

Warlord
Version 3.0

Code:
-- Changelog

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v 3.0        02-07-2019
    Structural overhaul as DLC mod - RCI is now a much more compact and
    standalone component, which should reduce compatibility problems.

fixed:
        - Last played civ has default icons instead of RCI's
            (when installed as a mod)
        - "More Luxuries" incompatibility: tile improvements can't be built on
            More Luxuries tiles (when installed as MPMPM DLC - this seemed to be
            true of all MPMPM packs, not just RCI)
        - Game crashes at Renaissance due to errors in Mongol data
            (when installed by overwriting assets)
Download (Can be installed without disabling achievements)

Github

Last edited:
Updated to 1.2.

Including changes to Spain, the Inca, Rome, and America, based on suggestions given on reddit.
Other changes were made to Carthage, Indonesia, and Venice, to make all countries more distinguishable when next to one another.

This will probably be the final version of the colors, and now I look for a way to make it more functional as a real "mod", as this method of copying files is a bit kludged together. If anyone knows what I would need to do, let me know.

A few people have downloaded the new version, but I just had to update it due to an error with China's colors. I'd recommend downloading the new version instead.

Advice for packing this into a mod would be appreciated.

Basically you need to use ModBuddy to make an empty mod and then
1) copy all the DDS files into it and set them VFS=true
2) extract all the changes you made directly in the game core XML files and rewrite them as a series of updates

Or just use the attached

The zip file is the ModBuddy solution, extract this into "C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy", start ModBuddy and open the "Redesigned Colors and Icons.civ5sln" file. If you need to make changes, do so via ModBuddy as you can then rebuild the mod.

The .civ5mod file is the built mod (for others to download if they want)

To publish to Steam you'll need to do that via ModBuddy - there is a tutorial on Steam somewhere, but as I no longer use Steam I can't be much more help than that!

The mod is half the size of the previous download as you only need to include the dds files once.

BTW the colour entries for Spain are duplicated and different - I've left them both in for you to decide which pair is correct.

I can use it in saved games right?
Yes, despite it updating the database, it's one of those rare mods that doesn't need AffectsSavedGames setting true

Enjoy

W

Attachments

• Redesigned Colors and Icons.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 349
  • Redesigned Colors and Icons (v 1).civ5mod
    972.7 KB · Views: 314
Can you put this on steam? =)

Wow, thanks for this whoward. I hadn't looked at this thread in a while.

I did manage to get it into a "working" mod but I ran into some bugs. Certain civs were not changing to the new colors for some reason.

I'll take a look at your files and try to get it on steam ASAP. :D

You're alive! Just wanted to say great work. I've got this on all of our office LAN computers. Never realized how badly some of the civ flags were an eyesore until you made them pretty.

You have Civ on office computers? How do you expect any work to get done?

It helps that we sell art commissions and make comic strips. Office is probably the wrong word, but it's the only thing I've got. =) We generally keep one big game going through the whole week. Sometimes its pit boss, sometimes we just leave a hotseat game up on one computer and deal with our turns on breaks.

...there have been times when all the work was finished for the day and we just civved until the wee hours, but the doesn't happen super often.

This looks really cool but I don't get how to install it… could anyone help me?
EDIT: Never mind figured it out the instructions are on the download page, derp. Great job though!

This mod has finally been updated and added to steam. There have been some changes to a few color schemes, notably the Iroquois, Denmark, and Ethiopia. Others received minor changes, including Siam, France, and Venice.

I'm working on updating the direct installation mod (the one in the OP), so that doesn't have the new colors yet. However, feel free to test out the Steam version and see if it works. There is one annoying bug that means whichever civ you used last takes the vanilla icons, though the colors are updated correctly. This can be quite annoying if you're playing one game and reloading it periodically. A solution is to quickly launch another game with an unrelated civ before loading or starting the game you want.

If anyone knows why that would be happening or what a solution might be, I'd be grateful. And of course, if you notice any other bugs or errors, don't hesitate to mention it. I made plenty of mistakes in the creation of this so I'd be shocked if I didn't miss something.

Anyway, enjoy!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=741932025

Hi. I tried this mod after I saw it in Expired Reign's LP. I used the link at the top and changed the config.ini. Most of the icons have changed over to the new ones. But the city banners, unit colours and minimap retain the colours from the base game.

I had the same problems with One Color Civs, so it seems to be something I'm doing. Any hints on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I tried this mod after I saw it in Expired Reign's LP. I used the link at the top and changed the config.ini. Most of the icons have changed over to the new ones. But the city banners, unit colours and minimap retain the colours from the base game.

I had the same problems with One Color Civs, so it seems to be something I'm doing. Any hints on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.
I've heard of that happening. Unfortunately I can't remember what the solution was. If you correctly changed the config.ini, the only thing I can think of is that the files may not have ended up in the correct folders. Out of curiosity, do you have the Deluxe Edition? Or did you buy the expansions seperately? You will need all the main expansions for it to work correctly.

Also, I was not aware of any LPs using this mod. Could you link it for me? I'd be really interested to see it. Edit: Did you mean Gothic_Empire's LP? I came across that one.

http://blimpfort.net/index.php/2016/08/09/lets-play-civilization-v-vox-populi/

I'm surprised to see others enjoying this mod as I do, but I'm glad it's appreciated. I might not have bothered to update it if I hadn't received so much support, so thank you for the interest.

I've heard of that happening. Unfortunately I can't remember what the solution was. If you correctly changed the config.ini, the only thing I can think of is that the files may not have ended up in the correct folders. Out of curiosity, do you have the Deluxe Edition? Or did you buy the expansions seperately? You will need all the main expansions for it to work correctly.

Also, I was not aware of any LPs using this mod. Could you link it for me? I'd be really interested to see it. Edit: Did you mean Gothic_Empire's LP? I came across that one.

http://blimpfort.net/index.php/2016/08/09/lets-play-civilization-v-vox-populi/

I'm surprised to see others enjoying this mod as I do, but I'm glad it's appreciated. I might not have bothered to update it if I hadn't received so much support, so thank you for the interest.

Yes that was the Let's Play I saw.

I have fixed it now. I just deleted the files and subscribed to your Steam version. The only problem I have now is that when I return to a game, the city banners for my Civ have reverted back to base colours, but you seem to be aware of that already.

Great mod. I also use the coloured religious symbols mod, but it looks a little basic now after playing with yours. You should consider doing a similar mod for those.

I bought all the different editions separately whenever they launched, but I have all DLC and extensions. I may even have a duplicate copy from getting it again in a bundle.

Thanks for sharing your work.

There is one annoying bug that means whichever civ you used last takes the vanilla icons, though the colors are updated correctly. This can be quite annoying if you're playing one game and reloading it periodically. A solution is to quickly launch another game with an unrelated civ before loading or starting the game you want.

If anyone knows why that would be happening or what a solution might be, I'd be grateful. And of course, if you notice any other bugs or errors, don't hesitate to mention it. I made plenty of mistakes in the creation of this so I'd be shocked if I didn't miss something.

Anyway, enjoy!

IIRC this has been discussed several times in the forum. This is impossible to fix due to the Civ5 engine. The only way yo avoid this problem is change the mod into something which can put into the Civ5 directory directly, instead of make a real mod which need to enable from the mod menu.

Top Bottom