RedFront 4 - USSR vs Germany WW2

Colwyn

Chieftain
It is June 22nd 1941 and you Joseph Stalin have just received the first reports about an invasion of the Soviet Union.

Sounds familuar, well it is, if you ever played Red Front for

Civ2 MGE http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111632&highlight=redfront+1.5

CIV2 TOT http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=172331

and Civ3 http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=86040

Now here is the development thread for the Civ4 version of the WW2 Eastern front war! played as the Soviet side only.

Development Notes

A. As much Historical accuracy re the russo-german war
B. Use of building and tech improvements to simulate events to guide the historical battle b/w both countries.
C. Human player to be on the serious defensive for the first 2 years, stale mate for 3rd and on the offensive for the 4th/5th year.
D. Tank/Plane units are expensive focusing on these too early and you will lose as inf units are the main unit type available until the ural factorys are up and running.
E. Player feedback to reveal what changes to be made to AI to simulate its offensive ie giving extra units auto builds buildings etc.
F. Russian tanks etc stronger ie att/defence but initially only green germans units vets/elite.
G. Use of Python to change unit stats and 2 types of terrain reflection winter/summer months.
H. Graphically interesting with a variety of decisons for the player to make off historical accuracy and you'll see how it pans out.
I. A scenario that will have you in the seat of your pants and on the back foot right from the start

Comrades needed, as i'm a developer but not much of a coder but I'm someone who does get things done, so you will see a version for it.

Task List Status

Convert Map from Civ 3 to Civ 4 - done with thanks to Zxcvbnm
Place cities on map as per civ 3(conquest) biq file as reference - Helper needed who has civ3conquests and civ4
Edit current civ4 buildings/wonders/etc to redfront - Awaiting Grakl's updated editor
Collect unit animations for scenario - done
Event creation/emulation within Civ4 code abilities - civ 4 mod savvy programmer needed
Place units/building/wonders
Playtest and adjust

Need any help? I'm currently LOADED with mods right now but I could refer you to some people I know, PM me if you like.

Certainly need help a few comrades make light work

I know what i want to do in the scenario as its just a civ4 version of the same in civ2/3 with some differences its just doing it in civ 4 and finding it out.

Having python means some pretty cool events can be programed.

Contact me if you want to become involved with this project, i'm only looking for a few good men.

I really hope that somebody will help u in ur project but still can't understand how different it will be from THIS mod.

If u want you can use my MaxRigaMod as base for ur scenarios just let me know what changes u want to add to the mod for ur scenarios and I will make new release of my mod with the special changes for ur scenarios.

I really hope that somebody will help u in ur project but still can't understand how different it will be from THIS mod.

If u want you can use my MaxRigaMod as base for ur scenarios just let me know what changes u want to add to the mod for ur scenarios and I will make new release of my mod with the special changes for ur scenarios.

Hi Maxriga , The big difference is that Redfront is playable as the USSR only and only has Germany, Finland and Romania as the axis, so it will be designed to challenge the player extensively. Its more of a scenario than a generic mod like the others.

It also uses a vastly different map, tech tree and 'events' based effects to simulate what occured during the war and has only WW2 units so it will be quite different.

View attachment 162886

I'll certainly take elements from your mod esp the units & , grafics for this scenario thanks!

Hi Maxriga , The big difference is that Redfront is playable as the USSR only and only has Germany, Finland and Romania as the axis, so it will be designed to challenge the player extensively. Its more of a scenario than a generic mod like the others.

It also uses a vastly different map, tech tree and 'events' based effects to simulate what occured during the war and has only WW2 units so it will be quite different.

View attachment 162886

I'll certainly take elements from your mod esp the units & , grafics for this scenario thanks!

well, ok, I really wish u luck and i want to play ur scenario as soon as possible since I love all Soviet ww2 stuff :)))

by the way, there are also three ww2 scenarios attached to my mod
1941 scenario ( 12 civs ), Stalingrad USSRvsGERMANY ( small map of Stalingrad ) and Barbarossa USSRvsGERMANY ( standart map of eastern europe ) ;)

Will the teams be fixed or can the axis be broken, like what happened in the real war with Finland making peace with the USSR and attacking germans in Lapland?
This along with adding Sweden as a neutral-supplying Germany with resources -nation could open interesting possibilities for the game, such as taking a risk and attacking from the north and preventing germans from getting iron thus preventing them from building tanks and ending the war in a different way.
With civ4 modding possibilities coding something like that can't be too difficult.

Place cities on map as per civ 3(conquest) biq file as reference - Helper needed who has civ3conquests and civ4

Might be able to help with that, as i did the conversion. Actually the original map had some faults in city placing i could fix in this version

Opps sorry Padma, we almost need a scenarios in making only forum.

The teams in Red Front will be fixed but its planned that certain events will cause Finland to make peace and Romania to ally with the SU!

The beuty of this sceanrio and map is that it does allow the player to explore various alternatives in trying to defeat the Axis without being unrealistic at all. In fact many of these alternatives were considered by the SU at the time but deamed too risky.

Resourses definetly the romanian oil fiels, the caucauss's, iron in sweden/norway.

With civ4 modding possibilities coding something like that can't be too difficult - This is what i'm excited most about the ability to add these flavours to the game once the basic RF conversion is done.

It would be great if you could do the city placements and better if you notice and fix any errors with them. U have the files already, onya mate.

I'm encouraging and working a little with Graks on his editor too hope to have the next version within a week?

Top Bottom