Reduce Inspiration strength with city numbers

Obamallama

Chieftain
Tall vs Wide has always been a great part of civ but civ 6 feels very wide focused even with the release of rise and fall. I think it would be a great change to reduce the effectiveness of inspirations for each city owned.
My reasoning behind it is that production is mostly the way to get inspirations and the best way to get more production is more cities. By reducing the effectiveness of inspirations by 3-5% per city, this would give tall citys the ability to use this powerful game mechanic to its full effectiveness where as wide citys would still have high base yields and allow tall and wide empires to compete equally.

I believe this would help what I believe is a core problem in civ 6 that prevents tall from being as effective as wide

Interesting idea. But keep in mind that a wide civ will produce more culture and therefore move through the civics tree faster even with smaller inspirations. The benefit of producing a ton more culture would probably outweigh the benefit of getting bigger inspirations. So I am not sure if this idea would really hold wide empires back. It could work if you tweaked the numbers just right maybe. Perhaps, inspirations need to give a bigger discount to make it work?

Top Bottom