Reducing Number of Orbital Units?

Haravikk

Chieftain
Like many people seem to, I've encountered the issue where launching new orbital units crashes my game, which is an incredibly major issue to leave in a game that's still selling for above half price on online stores.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is, are there any mods that limit the number of orbital units or amount of coverage to avoid this issue?

There seem to be conflicting views of what causes the problem, so there are two possible "fixes" that come to mind:

• Number of Units: Increasing the cost and radius for all orbital units, and maybe change the Rising Tide wonder that enables orbitals to overlap to do something else, would reduce the amount of orbital units in play.
  • Amount of Coverage: If the amount of on-screen tiles occupied is the issue then that might be harder to solve; if everything has a generally bigger (but not excessive) radius then this would make it harder to have a lot of orbitals on screen at once. Also maybe reducing access to orbital coverage bonuses (limit them all to +1)?

I've tried searching around for such mods but haven't found anything obvious; if any don't exist, does anyone know where I should start to try and make one?

Last edited:
Top Bottom