Refined Poll: your standing with the game

Refined Poll: Your standing with the game

• Total voters
C: dislike the game, but still playing

to be more precisely, i play when there's new patch release, to see whether it is really fixing the crash

the game is good with the changes, apart from poor decision making of AI
it is riddled with tons of bugs and crashes
the worst is the crash, it basically kill the game experience, unless you willing to tuned down everything, play with the whatever lousy strategic view mode.

I enjoy the game in OCCs and AW games, but I've stopped playing because I'm gettting yelled at in the Civ3 forums for not having updated my Succession Games.

dislike the game not playing mainly because of 1 upt.

I played it for about 10 hours, never got into it and haven't played since. I'm more of a builder and for whatever reason, the game didn't match what I really liked doing in past Civ games.

Once I have time, I may see if I like the post-patch(es) game better.

I picked E for 'none of the above.'

I like the game and I do stop playing often but the stops are short-lived. I return to playing after a little bit without fail. When I do stop though it is for the same reasons that Selous and Moss mentioned - the horrible diplo and (more than) lackluster appeal for builders.

I played it for about 10 hours, never got into it and haven't played since. I'm more of a builder and for whatever reason, the game didn't match what I really liked doing in past Civ games.

Once I have time, I may see if I like the post-patch(es) game better.

Yeah I used to like diplo and science victorys most in the previous civs this one seems more geared twords war so I tried that more in the 109 hrs I played which probibly let me enjoy the game for longer because I have never been much of a war monger in civ.

I like it. I did go for a couple of days where I was losing a bit of interest, but trying something new out (going for cultural victories with virtually no army) really gave me a bad case of One More Turn Syndrome over the past few days. Before that I was playing around with a scenario I downloaded. There seems to me to be enough possible variety to maintain an interest.

Dislike the game, not playing it, and have given it up for dead.. IMO CiV is a lost cause and likely to get less support as we move along. I just hope Firaxis can right the ship one day and put out a VI at some point that is completely different from this game. I don't hold out hopes for that, but at least I have CIV IV to keep me warm until then.

None of the above.

I am undecided about the game, but have stopped playing because Fallout: New Vegas has eaten my soul.

When I've finally had my fill of other games I'll revisit civ V and see if I ultimately leave it alone or play casually on and off.

I noticed that I've been pegged as a "hater," but that's not really the case. I'm objective enough about the game to admit it has flaws, some huge, and I don't think it's inappropriate to shine a spotlight on them. but I haven't decided that the game was a waste of time and money either yet. All I can say for now is that the novelty has worn off enough for me to explore other recently bought games. Will it still be good enough to play casually, or will the novelty wear off further until I decide it was a waste? No idea, won't know for a long while. I have a lot of games [for me] and a job. It's going to be awhile.

B. I like the game well enough, but there's a huge variety of games vying for my attention right now, and while I still play Civ5 some, I've definitely cut back. Just not enough free time in the day.

Like it, and still play it. The game hasn't crashed with me a single time, which might affect my opinion rather greatly.

Would play more if multiplayer was done properly. Doesn't stop me though.

I dislike it and I don't play it anymore.

I have given them (Firaxis) a fair chance. Played again and again, have forced myself to try to detect the "hidden beauty" but there wasn't any.

Not only has the game quite some bugs. Not only there have additional bugs been introduced.
Not only the game doesn't fulfill the many, many promises which were made before release.
Not only the game is weak on both, the warmonger and the builder part.
Not only is it a monster in terms of consuming computing power with weak pay-back.

It is shallow, it is poorly designed, it has been implemented in a weak way and it is boring.
I have spent thousands of hours with any other Civilization game. With any of them I could stay until morning broke.

With this game, I have literally fallen asleep in front of the screen at 9 p.m.
Actually, Minesweeper is more fascinating and has more replay value than this travesty of a Civ game.

D. I've started the game two times after the latest major patch. In the first game Darius became hostile (without me doing anything) in opening turns and soon declared war on me. I hardly saw his units as he was far away. After a while he accepted peace, and in the next turn, was "friendly" and offered a friendship treaty. It's hopeless to try any diplo strategy in a game where opponent can became hostile without reason and change to friendly in one turn.

The second game I started to test research agreements. I didn't use them much before, but as the latest patch nerfed lot of things, I thought they are probably needed on Immortal, and they are without doubt one of the most powerful and important features in the game. But blocking unwanted techs by researching 25% of them and calculating turns to RA to come into effect was so boring and felt like cheating I couldn't play it anymore. If tech trading was abusable, what was the point of replacing it with a system which is ten times more abusable while being extremely tedious and just stupid? This is just one example where a Civ4 feature was replaced by something horribly inferior.

Top Bottom