Reflections of 2005 on the Forum

Mistfit said:
Tubs Jr. is conceived

During the peaceful, 'settler pump' phase of the game, which means Jr. will be a sweet tempered girl; as opposed to the planning stages of the war-mongering phase, which would have ensured an over active boy...

(Not that anyone would think about Civ any time other than when they are playing it :blush: )

Plus, idiocy received a tag-line "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

And I'm unaware of any other father-son team like Whomp and BB, that could be a first.

Excursus Do Civ-playing relatives scream at each other about best form of government, UU's that stink and the virtues of city improvements while in a drunken rage when gathered together over the holidays? I don't have any Civant relatives so I'm looking at....Whomp.

CFC highlights from 2005.....
Mistfit makes panda boy.
A bunch of us spam Daghie and the blind mice SG.
Soul Warrior makes me a birthday MP3.
Tubby's F11
Own gets nicknamed Grasshoppah.
I get fascism from ToE.
Rik Meleet tells someone to leave his cultural borders.
AK spreads idiocy.
Handy's Theodora and her great wits.
Lil' me SG's with virtually every one of you at some point.
Coinich's great story ends.
Mag 7+1 a truly great SG and story.
Gram Harriet's in her first SG.
I experience my first Human vs. Human combat in CFC vs Russian Forum PBEM.
I win my first solo deity game (on arch map :mischief: )
Scout gets an idea again.
SG Who-1 turns into the greatest music thread ever.
Meet fellow Wildcat 'Slinger in person. :beer: Bear Down Slinger!
The greatest MTDG team of all time is created. I love you guys, man. :cry:

Kickbooti said:
Excursus Do Civ-playing relatives scream at each other about best form of government, UU's that stink and the virtues of city improvements while in a drunken rage when gathered together over the holidays? I don't have any Civant relatives so I'm looking at....Whomp.
Nah....Butterball is learning (I think). Actually I'd like to get you and Butterball in a SG.

Whomp said:
Gram Harriet's in her first SG.
That was one of the high points of my year with Bede and Scout taking me under their wings and teaching me so much. Thanks to the lurkers as well.

The other was Whomp inviting me to join this team so I could actually get to know so many of you who I had only known from reading about you in SG's for so long. It's been a great year for me. :)

things that I remember
  • I sponsored and won 5 SG's. (crown jewel was a 5CC diety - TR05)
  • dmankho taught me how to win above Warlord.
  • meet the head idiot himself in Pennsylvania
  • become more of a geek
  • conceived my second and last child
  • gave up civ (told my wife to hide it)
  • was a good boy and got the disk back
  • was invited by our own Whomper to be apart of this great team
  • talked to the Venerable One on the phone
  • call Whomper 2 consecutive nights to get his autolog working

Mistfit said:
scout returns :D
Thanks Mistfit. It's good to be back :D

I was rooting around on the hard drive the other night... looking for the Korean Carrack created by a moded SoZ (everybody thought I was asking about the rules...)

...and I came across a little something related to your self-portrait in "Mapping the Idiots":

Does it mist your eyes to remember that one? Wooden utensils aside, I think it was a most sylish victory.

I owe gmaharriet a hearty thanks for goading me into this Band of Idiots in '05. ;)

To me, getting civ was a strong highlight in itself. I think my all-conquistador SG was a blast. Oh and being promoted commander idiot :salute:

- The MTDG, of course.
- I was in my first and second SGOTMs (7 and 8). We lost the first, got the wooden spoon in number 8! :D
- Lots of memorable SGs (Beorn's Conquistador game, Tubby's game as Sumeria where I lost our capital to an angry Osman in the first 30 turns, but we still managed to win :blush:).
- Coinich's masterpiece was finished.
- I got a shiny new graphics card just for Civ 4.

IroquoisPlisken said:
Tubby's game as Sumeria where I lost our capital to an angry Osman in the first 30 turns, but we still managed to win :blush:).
I had forgot about that :lol: I had already rolled some starts because I thought that it was unwinnable. Boy did that game change my outlook on games

Top Bottom