Reformation Building: Once building is started, can it stop checking for followers?

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
One of the most frustrating things I still deal with in religion is a slippery reformation building.

You do all of this work to finally get to reform. You start the building. Oops someone got converted, you lose all of your progress. Convert some more, build it again. Nope nope you lost some guys some where do it again.

It would be wonderful if once you start building the building, that it was locked in and didn't keep checking on what your follower numbers are.

One of the most frustrating things I still deal with in religion is a slippery reformation building.

You do all of this work to finally get to reform. You start the building. Oops someone got converted, you lose all of your progress. Convert some more, build it again. Nope nope you lost some guys some where do it again.

It would be wonderful if once you start building the building, that it was locked in and didn't keep checking on what your follower numbers are.
That sucks. Does Citizen Earth Protocol also lose progress? It should at least keep it paused.

It would be nice, I agree, but I also think it's not that big of a deal for me, because it happens very rarely that the % of followers will dip again.

It would be nice, I agree, but I also think it's not that big of a deal for me, because it happens very rarely that the % of followers will dip again.

First time it happened to me in a while as well....but it happened three times in the same game! Very frustrating.

What's the advantage designwise of current state that you lose all progress instead of pause?

What's the advantage designwise of current state that you lose all progress instead of pause?
I guess it's that you take risks. If you decide to start building when you barely meet the requirements, chances are that your hammers will be lost, but if you manage, you'll reform quite earlier.

Since you need to check periodically whether you're able to start building, it's redundant.

It was probably the easier to code, or the default behavior.
(Maybe civ automatically clear the progress of buildings that you can no longer build? So that would demand some code to make an exception there)

Do you lose the hammers if you go under? In my last game, I lost access for a turn, however on the next turn it seemed that I had an extra turn of hammers saved up.

When it comes to building this, I always invest and its often completed in just 1 turn.

The easiest way to change it would be to just make the Wonders be 10 Hammers and be done with it.

2 of the 3 times I tried building the building I only need 1 turn. That was enough for the followers to drop and for it to deny me building it.

Top Bottom