1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Refreshing Appeal

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Minou, May 9, 2020.

1. Minou

Minou Prince

I noticed an interesting thing about tile appeal yesterday, not sure if this is already known.

I chopped the Eiffel Tower for some Public Transportation cheese. I went to replace a Farm in my capital with a Neighborhood and only got 300 gold when I was expecting 500 after the Eiffel bonus. It turns out that appeal only refreshes after you move where a citizen is working. So, for example if I have a base 2 appeal tile and build Eiffel Tower, it will still be listed at 2 until you bring up the city menu and click at least one citizen to move them to a different tile. After this, all the yields refresh and appeal will be listed at 4. This actually matters because it is not just the numbers being displayed wrong, it actually results in lower gold from planting the Neighborhood if you don't update.

I assume all the yields must be updated if you advance the turn, but because people often spam Neighborhoods the same turn as Eiffel is built, might be helpful to a few people. The same could apply on a much smaller scale with individual things like mines, Holy Sites, forests, marshes, etc. being built or removed the same turn you want to plant a Neighborhood.

2. PotatoMcWhiskey

PotatoMcWhiskey Chieftain

Certain parts of the UI and stuff simply don't update unless certain actions are taken - like ending the turn or moving a citizen. I constantly find myself moving citizens around to update my UI after trade deals with the AI for example.

3. Monsterzuma

Monsterzuma the sly one

It's quite embarrassing how slowly and infrequently the Civ 6 UI updates at times. Seems like a simple programming problem that can't possibly have gotten overlooked. Has anyone fixed it with a mod?