Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Chosen Refugee - Gagged

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • RIP

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Daghdha

Absent Minded
I guess sorting this question out and delivering an official KISS opinion comes with the office :p . Please visit the main thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=3258473#post3258473 for the current debate. One thing that has to be decided is whether a refugee should have options to choose from or if the status should be a pre-decided one equal to all. When voting on options please add your opinion on that in a commenting post (in bold).
The options are based on Werners (fe3333au) suggestions which I think are good ones. I've also added the "gagged" variant. Any other possible ways of dealing with refugees are of course up for discussion.

EDIT:A mistake by me made this thread official. Hold on voting if you like a do some discussing in the "Refugees"-thread without a poll, sorry. I'll update the voting options based on that thread later (if needed)

I voted floating angel. I don't like anyone messing with our mojo that's been on another team. Lurking is fine but no words.

I voted "chosen". I like 'booti's idea of carcass picking, we know who they are and who we want

Daghdha said:
EDIT:A mistake by me made this thread official. Hold on voting if you like a do some discussing in the "Refugees"-thread without a poll, sorry. I'll update the voting options based on that thread later (if needed)
What mistake ??
Anything I can correct ?

Booti and Bede convinced me. I voted for "chosen".

I'm easy! :p

Whomp said:
I voted floating angel. I don't like anyone messing with our mojo that's been on another team. Lurking is fine but no words.

Why don't we write into our anarchist constitution something like the following...

"Refugees may or may not be welcomed. It depends on their mojo. We reserve the right to bounce anyone whoes idiocy is not of the highest quality."

We give a refugee a few days, if they aren't posting, if they seem a bit hinky we toss 'em out.

Assuming that's allowed of course.

I still like making KISS our artificial world's 'Mojo Trust,' gathering all the good mojo to ourselves and leaving the rest of the world grey and un-cool.

I'm abstaining from this vote. I don't think that anyone can screw with our mojo. We know each other pretty well and can ignore any trolling ghosts.

That being said. I'd rather chose who we want. But I don't feel strongly enough to scroll back up to the top and vote :D

Tubby Rower said:
I don't think that anyone can screw with our mojo. We know each other pretty well and can ignore any trolling ghosts.

Maybe our motto should be "Mojo uber alles?

I wonder what the other team's mottos would be?

TNT might be "In Prigs we Trust"

Donuts might be
"One ship goes east another west by the self-same wind that blows
It's the set of the sails, and not the gails, that determines where she goes; or whatever"

MIA's could be "Luck for us, we're with KISS"

Should we make recomendations in the main thread ;)

Hi everyone from the Apple store in Tucson. Holly's talking something about nanos...and I'm posting about refugees. :D I'm with you guys. Trolls stink and we know who is good. What Bede and Booti say I say.

the Bede/Booti option should be called the 'vulture' variant

We pick which refugees we'll take. One blackball sinks any request for asylum.

Igor variant - takes 3 blackballs to kick me off this team ;)

There is another dimension to this discussion, making it potentially quite complicated actually. The question is: we may have a preference on handling refugees, but do we want that to apply to solely to our own team or to all the teams? If some teams opt for the floating angel and others allow spoiler info, the balance is thrown off.

Intuitively I like the idea of teams being able to decide their policies on their own, but this may not be feasible. My preference may change depending on the outcome of the interteam debate on this particular issue.

The discussion is about changeing the ruleset.
Spoiler :
0.3 - Team Switching

0.3.1 - Membership retention after Defeat

Description: Members of teams that were defeated in the current game are allowed to join the team that conquered them, if the team will have them. They may also join neighboring teams that they had contact with at the time of their defeat.

Definition: Neighboring does not mean specifically teams adjacent to them in game, more specifically it means teams they would have had the capability to travel to with their current technology.

Verdict: Switching teams is allowed if your team is out.

0.3.2 - Refugees

Description: Upon becoming a refugee according to rule 0.3.1, refugees may join another team provided that their team had in-game contact with the team they wish to join or the team they wish to join has/had in-game contact with at least two teams that had in-game contact with the eliminated team.

0.3.3 - Spoiler Info

Description: Upon joining a new team, you are not allowed to give out spoiler info to your new team that the new team you are on would not know about if you had not joined. If you have to give out spoiler info to prove your case, then do not post / vote in the thread.

Verdict: Red (Personal)

I'd like to add to 0.3.2. that refugees will have lurker/no posting status and access to one team thread only. Then we could skip 0.3.3 . No fuzz, no choosing certain "approved" people, no debate on what is spoiler info, just sit at a sideline of your choise and enjoy (if you like) until next game, and if you liked what you saw then apply for that team.

Honestly, I lean towards no participtation. I don't think it would be fair for someone to take on a major position, likely for the non-anarchists and all, with the information they may have. A "defense minister" or "turnplayer" refugee could have a profound impact on an outcome based on what they know. "Angel status" in all threads to see who they may want to run with for the next game.

OK, so here is the current rule on refugees:

0.3.2 - Refugees

Description: Upon becoming a refugee according to rule 0.3.1, refugees may join another team provided that their team had in-game contact with the team they wish to join or the team they wish to join has/had in-game contact with at least two teams that had in-game contact with the eliminated team.

0.3.3 - Spoiler Info

Description: Upon joining a new team, you are not allowed to give out spoiler info to your new team that the new team you are on would not know about if you had not joined. If you have to give out spoiler info to prove your case, then do not post / vote in the thread.

From discussion and voting I suggest the following:

0.3.2 - Refugees

Description: Upon becoming a refugee according to rule 0.3.1, refugees may join another team provided that their team had in-game contact with the team they wish to join or the team they wish to join has/had in-game contact with at least two teams that had in-game contact with the eliminated team. Refugees apply for membership in a team of their choise by pm'ing UN-rep. of that team. If accepted, the new membership will be announced in UN thread "New Memberships".

0.3.3 - Spoiler Info

Description: Upon joining a new team, you are allowed to give out any info remembered from previous team membership. Upon defeat, you will be locked out from your previous teams forum. You are, within your new team's forum, not allowed to post copies of screenshots, coversations or posts from previous teams forum.

We get to choose members (feeding the vultures), they do not have to be officially recognized as rejects, we avoid jibbering about what is spoilerish or not and we will have full access new members of our liking. How 'bout that?
I just read Whomps post and personally I agree with no posting status + I would prefer refugees only have access to the forum of chosen team, but votes say "full access" including posting. Anyway this is only a draft so keep up the discussion and I will change it accordingly.

An item may want to be added about members unacceptable to ANY team. *cough TNT cough*

There will have to be an unacceptable boat people provision.

Personally, I comfort myself with the picture of an overloaded junk filled with Provo et. al. being run off our happy shores by Vice Admiral Igor in the ARSE Up Yours.

Could they control the barbarrians? It would make hunting them down all the more enjoyable.

Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts.

Kickbooti said:
Personally, I comfort myself with the picture of an overloaded junk filled with Provo et. al. being run off our happy shores by Vice Admiral Igor in the ARSE Up Yours.
I can just imagine Igor's joy!!! :lol:

Top Bottom