Refugees

Daghdha

Absent Minded
I guess sorting this question out and delivering an official KISS opinion comes with the office :p . Please visit the main thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=3258473#post3258473 for the current debate. One thing that has to be decided is whether a refugee should have options to choose from or if the status should be a pre-decided one equal to all. When voting on options please add your opinion on that in a commenting post (in bold).
The options are based on Werners (fe3333au) suggestions which I think are good ones. I've also added the "gagged" variant. Any other possible ways of dealing with refugees are of course up for discussion.

EDIT: Please consider the two threads on Refugees as one. I messed the posting up. First task as UN-rep :D

Wow, this is a tough decision to make in advance. We've worked pretty well with MIA and, if their members were refugees, it would be very different from refugees from TNT. I'm not going to vote for anything until I hear the opinions of more members. It's certainly not a "one size fits all" sort of situation.

My opinion would be: Don't let them in.

Everybody is a part of a team, and if a team loses, they're still a part of that team. Maybe our team is the only one to hang together in other areas, like SG's and SGOTM's, and the rest are there just to be there. I don't know.

After all, what would they do? If they're allowed to see every forum, they could inform either us or any other team via PM's, without mods knowing that.

If they're restricted to one forum (they join a team), then they should be able to do something in that team. Other team really have better positions here, because they can make a rule that refugees can only vote and not be elected. But with our team structure, we should discuss with them, and they will most probably, intentionaly or not, steer us towards war with their destrucors.

So, if my posts is too long to read, I am agains refugees of any kind.

BTW: Why are we all postng in 3rd person? :)

Okay, my two cents worth.

If they are a refugee - just let them in, let them spoil.

In real life (which I know this isn't), emigrees to a country bring their talent, skill and resources. The host country is often the better for it. Why not do this in OUR game?

This would (or should) effect our game play. If, for example someone were destroying our beloved anarchy :)lol: , riiiiight) I would actively try to join MIA - they've been pretty stand up. I wouldn't join TNT, I'd rather be in a guerilla band - they are sphincters. My decision is based on their gameplay.

And each team can pick and choose who they would let in (unless I missed something while I was gone). Don't let in people you don't like or don't trust.

So to sum up, I say let the spoilers ring. Beating a team and then picking the carcass for good players strikes me as half the fun :evil:

'booti's .02 is now .04.

Concur 100%

I concur with Booti and Bede. Give us your poor, your destitute, your drunkards, your half crazed sailors, for we will forge a winning team from the dregs of society.

I would like a "Zip.com rule". Any refugee that comes on this team who is told to zip it, by one of the original team members, for their insurrection must then "zip it" and be sent to a dungeon. Then again, I've had a few drinks at lunch. :cool:

I think if we agree to bring someone onto the team, they get full rights. I don't think we want any second class citizens.

Whomp said:
Then again, I've had a few drinks at lunch. :cool:

Speaking professionally, you may have a problem. Personally, I only drink when I'm happy or sad... ;)

Kickbooti said:
Speaking professionally, you may have a problem. Personally, I only drink when I'm happy or sad... ;)
Oh I was plenty happy. Sitting in the foothills of Tucson, no work, nary a cloud in the sky and 85. A desert breeze in hand. Life was good and my pocketbook lighter. Holly understands the program it seems. :lol:

Top Bottom