Regarding "Kill Other CSes" Quests

Jorlem

Chieftain
Would it be possible to change this quest to "Please go to war with the other CS", and have it be on a time limit? That seems like it would fix most, if not all of the annoyances with that particular CS quest.

I agree, but from my understanding the CS quests are not moddable beyond what Thal has already done, which is to make this particular quest much less likely to appear.

Id say just remove the quest.

Does anyone actually ever do it?

If you attack a city state, you are probably going to attack ALL of the city states in that area.

Id say just remove the quest.

Does anyone actually ever do it?

If you attack a city state, you are probably going to attack ALL of the city states in that area.

You can attack one without the CS warmonger penalty. I recall it being part of Thal's Conquest strategy: attack a CS while building your war machine.

One thing I like about Civ NiGHTS is that it removes the warmonger penalty. I agree that its a broken trait, as you will get it without ever declaring war.

I'm unable to change quests with our current modding tools; it's done in the game core. I could disable it... but there's so few CS quests right now it'd leave us very little variety. I chose to try and focus it so only militaristic/hostile city states pick that quest.

If no major civ is protecting the citystate, it's worthwhile to go for. These are some differences between vanilla and VEM:

• Reduced warmonger penalty.
  • Reduced influence penalty with nearby citystates.
  • Greatly increased influence from completing the kill quest.
  • Capturing citystates gives an instant bonus equal to 50 turns of alliance.

I thought the quest was already removed in VEM, as I haven't seen it for ages.

I made it very rare. Basically, only militaristic/hostile citystates will select it, and only if there's no barbarian camps nearby to kill. Since the spawn rate and density of barb camps are higher in VEM than vanilla, it's unusual to have no camps near a citystate, until the mid to late game.

I made it very rare. Basically, only militaristic/hostile citystates will select it, and only if there's no barbarian camps nearby to kill. Since the spawn rate and density of barb camps are higher in VEM than vanilla, it's unusual to have no camps near a citystate, until the mid to late game.

Weird, I've played VEM a lot but haven't had it pop up ever!

Top Bottom