Regent Help

CivRulesAll

The Void Beyond
I need help on tech pace on regent. All is well in the ancient age,then middle ages are fine. Maybe eliminate a civ or 2, score some MGL's and then suddenly it all breaks in the industrial ages. I play Archipelago maps on 80% water. I am vikings, defeated Ottomans,have 3 armies. The Arabians are falling apart with only 3 cities left. Greece has a strong military, but a very small empire. I find myself in a situation with no rubber and 1 source of coal. America and Persia is the only threat, but they are both polite or gracious toward us. I'm selling some luxuries and gaining +41 gpt but Persia is WAYahead of me in techs and hs rubber. America also has rubber. Greece and Arabia does not.I have absolutely no idea of how to proceed in this game. My military advisor says average military to Persia and Strong to America, but he is lying for both. Please help?

How close to researching Refining are you? On an archipelago map, superior naval units can trump rubber, as they only require oil. Does Persia have any terrain which may contain oil, and what are your oil possibilities? Posting a save would help.

Use clean map to see if America has Rubber. If they do, build 8-12 riflemen, a settler and 20 artillery and establish a town on the nearest hill to the Rubber. Keep landing troops, especially artillery, until you can take their Rubber. Make sure to rush a harbor and a barracks.

I would post a save if only I knew how. My oil possibilities are 50/50 since i have some desert and some tundra,but far from refining. I can only afford 40% science.

I would post a save if only I knew how. My oil possibilities are 50/50 since i have some desert and some tundra,but far from refining. I can only afford 40% science.
If you post a 'Normal' reply (not a quick one), scroll down past the text box and look for the section 'Additional Options'. In that area is a button 'Manage Attachments'. Click on it to attach your save file.

Then you can get Persia to declare on America by letting them attack you. Declare war on them, do nothing. If America attacks you first, Persia must declare on them. If you attack America first, then Persia declares on you. As far as uploading a save, look at this:
Spoiler :

Hope that helps.

Then you can get Persia to declare on America by letting them attack you. Declare war on them, do nothing. If America attacks you first, Persia must declare on them. If you attack America first, then Persia declares on you. As far as uploading a save, look at this:
Spoiler :

Hope that helps.

I understand that part,but where do I go after that? i go to Infogrames Interactive/Civilization III/Conquests/Saves and all that is there is "auto"and that's empty.:mad:

Have you upgraded to Complete? In mine the path is Firaxis Games/Civilization III/Conquests/Saves. The old stuff is there too, but those folders are empty. Try going up a level and double clicking saves.

The files might be in Atari/Civilization III/Conquests/Saves, I've seen that too.

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Saves

This is where saves go for Conquest. If none are then and none in auto, I would look to see if preference is set to not use autosave. That is how I normally play and it will not do an auto save.

The regular save willl not be there until you manually save it. I use Cntrl-S to trigger a save.

The files might be in Atari/Civilization III/Conquests/Saves, I've seen that too.
I'll try that.
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Saves

This is where saves go for Conquest. If none are then and none in auto, I would look to see if preference is set to not use autosave. That is how I normally play and it will not do an auto save.

The regular save willl not be there until you manually save it. I use Cntrl-S to trigger a save.
I use the main menu to save,any difference?

If you look at post #13 you will see that is the directory name for C3C. Vanilla is "C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III" But the name shown is Atari.

IOW under programs you could have Atari for C3 and Infogrames for PTW and C3C.

Please don't upload auto-saves, they are uncompressed, use manually created saves to upload.

If this helps in any way, I have Windows Vista
I don't have ANY Atari folder. Only Infogrames Interactive

I remember somewhere someone said that Vista hides files unless you are logged in as an adminstrator. Vista is very hostile to gaming.

Top Bottom