Regia Civitas 400BC

What shall we build in Regia Civitas, etc?

• Keep tax rate 30,00,70% Max Science?

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Raise Cash to buy Viking property.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Spend half what we earn on IPRB.

• Move RC serf from Ocean to Road, to finish Library in 3 turns

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • In 2 turns, hire Elvis at the capital to keep Celebrating.

• In 2 turns, hire Elvis, build another guard after Library.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • In 2 turns, RC will grow and stop Celebrating. Ho humm.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Regia Civitas to build Warrior Police

• Regia Civitas to build Phalanx Police

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Regia Civitas to build Archer Police

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Regia Civitas to build our first Marketplace!

• Regia Civitas to build a wonder

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Regia Civitas to build ... Nemo, you've overlooked this!

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Regia Civitas Police IPRB $11 once or twice, then Celebrate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GaryNemo

Settler from None
We finish our first Library in 3 or 4 turns. And a few general questions.

* Regia Civitas: 14 trade, 4 tax & 10 beakers, 7 shields
    Move RC Serf from Ocean to Road?
    2 guards, size=4 grows in 2 turns, then stops WLTK.

Please post, then vote Friday or Saturday.

I think that a warrior policeman is a good idea, and am then keen to start a marketplace. This will give a good bonus, and probably keep the city celebrating for a while yet.

Once that's done, start on caravans ad-infinitum (well, at least for two or three...).

Just one question: Are we happy with the current guards? Can they stave off a barb attack?

Im happy with the marketplace idea, as with the library our great capital is the only city worth putting a marketplace in at present, and we ought to build some.
It will also help us keep the sci rate up, and will be very useful if we keep em in party mood[dance]

Ainwood, you have asked in two threads about the garrisons. And that is a good question. I wonder if it is time for our Military or Foreign Advisor to begin posting detailed status, in Turn 400BC, as I have about happiness and production?

We have 174 gold, earning 17 per turn, as I posted in Turn 400BC.

RC now has 2 guards, a supported Phx and the original None Horse. A Warrior will be fine, but I'd prefer an Archer, spend $11 twice on it and complete it in 4 turns.

Then a Marketplace. Untill we routinely grant luxuries, the Marketplace will not help one whit with happiness. We build it now so it is ready to do so later. Also, our next Wonder is Cop's, scheduled for Elysium.

We need aggressive Archer Police to protect our Hanging Gardens!

I voted to keep tax Science 70%, spend half what we earn, move RC serf to finish Library in 3 turns. In 2 turns, hire Elvis, build Guard, build Archer, spend $22 to finish Archer in 4 turns.

After that, a Marketplace. We must look at growth, not sure about Irrigation in LN poll, maybe one serf in ocean to slow growth and boost Science...

I am dismayed that several people have voted for Marketplace. Perhaps they meant, after new Police. A Market will not quell unhappiness so RC can continue to celebrate. The Celebration is worth 4 trade arrows to us, with Library about 5 Science. That is an additional 12% Beakers. Btw, after Archer, after Marketplace, a Settler may be appropro.

I thought quite some people wanted to build Marco's embassy in RC but now I see no-one posting about it. Is the idea of the embassy abandonned?

Not sure about Marco's, because I don't know how to use it. My immediate concern is keeping the Celebration going indefinitely. And since we need a guard, I prefer aggressive Archer Police to protect our Hanging Gardens! We can use Elvis to celebrate while the Archer is built.

After that, Marketplace, Marco's, I'm not sure. Library in 3 turns, then Warrior in 2 or Archer in 4 (with 2*$11). Perhaps Our Queen will stop so we can carefully consider Wonder vs Market vs Settler. Settler will help to prolong the Celebration.

Market has little immediate value, but great value in Republic, so we want to build it before then.

Since I messed up this poll with plenty of ambiguity, perhaps the MarketPlace advocates could state what exactly to build, when, and why?

Marco's would be useful to trade for tech's we dont have (strategically) and possibly world maps so we can direct the forthcoming expansion. I also like to use it to watch out for rivals researching techs that will void our wonders (esp Hanging Gardens in this case).
If we start building it we can always change.:)

It might be to late to post now but I think that we should hire either a tax man or a scientist to keep the celevration going without wasting a worker as an entertainer. I also think that we need marco's. First build a warrior policeman and then start building either a caravan or the wonder itself. Building caravan might waste a few sheilds but it will not lock the city up. For example it's not so good if we get attacked by barbs when our city is about to complete a wonder but if we're building a caravan then we just have to switch it for a military unit. This is how I personally build wonders. I store up enough caravans and then get them in just one turn. Makes all your cities a lot more flexible.

I might have overlooked something, but this is what I think is the best for now.

You are quite right. I haven't considered a Tax Man or Scientist, we have been talking Elvis. But, this turn is over. Right now, your tactical ideas are welcome in Turn Thread 300BC. Or, people are sometimes known to start new threads. Another possibility is Strategy of Productivity, a thread that just keeps going...

What do you think of my article in The Fanatical? Again, all planning discussion has just shifted to Turn 300BC.

You are quite right. I haven't considered a Tax Man or Scientist, we have been talking Elvis. But, this turn is over. Right now, your tactical ideas are welcome in Turn Thread 300BC. Or, people are sometimes known to start new threads. Another possibility is Strategy of Productivity, a thread that just keeps going...

What do you think of my article in The Fanatical? Again, all planning discussion has just shifted to Turn 300BC.

See you all again, tomorrow morning!

Top Bottom