REGIA CIVITAS, Marco 340AD

How shall we manage Tax & REGIA CIVITAS - many components?

• A. Keep Tax 30%, Science 70%, Max Science? (R)

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • A. Bump Tax other%, see my post?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Spend only half what we $earn, raise cash!

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • B. Spend all that we earn, $389 is a good treasury!

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • X. In four turns, we will either be researching Monotheism, or not.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • C. REGIA CIVITAS: If Monotheism, build a Diplomat Filler, then Mike's (R)

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • C. REGIA CIVITAS: If Monotheism, start Mike's in 8 turns. Not Recommended

• D. REGIA CIVITAS: If Not Monotheism, build Marco Polo instantly

• D. REGIA CIVITAS: If Not Monotheism, start another Caravan or Dip

• D. REGIA CIVITAS: If Not Monotheism, start a Settler

• D. REGIA CIVITAS: If Not Monotheism, start something else

• E. Little Nemo: Phx in 1 turn for REGIA CIVITAS Celebration! (R?)

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • E. Bedfont Lakes: Warrior in 2 turns for REGIA CIVITAS Celebration!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • E. Civvium: Elephant in 2 turns for REGIA CIVITAS Celebration!

• E. Civvium: Legion in 2 turns for REGIA CIVITAS Celebration!

• G. Move a few serfs to boost Science, such as TFalls mentioned.

• Poll us for Elysium Market vs Courthouse, and Special Revealing, combined

• Poll us for Elysium Market vs Courthouse, and Special Revealing, separately

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Other than Elysium, no other build Q polls are needed - recommended

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GaryNemo

Settler from None
REGIA CIVITAS will finish its Caravan (With IPRB=30 $4) in 4 turns. At that time, we have an option to build Marco Polo. Since our F3 Reputation is Spotless, that may solve some of our Science requirements. By that time we will know if we are researching Monotheism or not.

If we are researching Monotheism, we build Mike's, but how? The quickest seems to be to build a Diplomat while the Science and Caravans are completed. Dip IPRB=10 $6 in 4 turns. Mike's 8-9 turns from now. If we don't start the Dip, we save a Caravan but delay Mike's until 12 turns from now.

Further, we should accelerate Science with more trade, such as TFalls forest serf to ocean. This is a plan for Mike's in 8 turns, and Science will need help to meet that deadline.

If we are NOT researching Monotheism, we can build Marco Polo, or another Caravan, or Diplomat, or Settler (needed soon).

We must also resume the Celebration of RC. The cost in Science and Trade Routes is tragic. I may prefer the Little Nemo Phalanx solution. It is very quick, 1 turn rather than 4 or 5 turns including travel time. LN will then start all over on a Settler, shift to Roaded shields and Elvis like CJ is functioning now. It delays F4, a shame, but demonstrates that I am reasonable. Perhaps Citizens, you will Grant Plains Filler, W W of Dellham?

Please vote soon, there is already lots of discussion on this. MonkE moves late Saturday.

I usually don't prioritize MarcoPolo's, but I saw we had plenty of caravans outside the gates. So if we don't get Mono I think we should use some of them to build MP. Is the "settler(needed soon)" for improvements or expansion? Can't we build it in one of the filler cities instead of RC?
:)

Wow! I'm the only one who voted to build Marco's instantly! I think it would be a great device, and we have plenty of Caravans.

Funxus, I'm glad you asked about the RC Settler. RC will grow to size 6 in 23 turns. We do not want that to happen, because then it will stop celebrating. We need a third police already, and I see everyone is voting for LN to resolve that instantly. Good. But we have irrigation, and it is growing, and one Settler will chop it back to 4, it'll snap back to 5, and we'll be good for another 60 turns. Freeze or Settler is on the RC agenda for next week.

MonkE, I put the X in there for you! Did you vote for F?

Seriously, I think we could use Marco's to get Maps, and perhaps a Science. Anyone here a Marco's Maestro who can tell us how to use it? I mean besides the obvious: Science Lists, City Lists, mutual AI jealousy and such.

I voted for 'RC start another caravan or dip', but I'm not really against building Marco's either. I'm not an 'expert' at AI negotiations, but I sure can see the value of Marco's.

I think we make enough caravans to afford Marco's without endangering Mike's, Leo's or Newton's. (Right GaryNemo?) Please change my vote to 'build Marco Polo instantly'.

First of all, Leo's is urgent, Newton's is not, right?

Sir, if I am being asked to certify that we will have enough Caravans, my answer is: Perhaps yes. Please understand, The Voters have declined Boreum Bridge numerous times, delayed F4, and deferred the Plains Filler W W of Dellham. In addition, we are building a Legion in Monks Towne which could perhaps be a Settler or Caravan. LN is cranking out Settlers and saving RC per plan, GG and BFL produce Caravan after Caravan, but our appetite for Caravans is increasing. Other than that, no problem.

Citizens, our island is perhaps safe. Have you noticed that our President has retained the option to build Boreum Bridge and Plains Filler? My belief is, he is expecting vocal support and approval of these plans.

One other thing. Now that Reneaux has a Trade Route, it is time for it to grow. River Grassland food, finish caravan, build a warrior, then more Caravans.
I note that MD supplies Salt, Elysium demands.

Can someone tell me exactly how many caravans we have outside RC? I can see quite a few on the map but don't know if any are stacked etc, or if there are some nearing completion in nearby cities.

Marco's is only 200 shields remember so that's four caravans - will we have enough to get Mike's within a couple of turns of discovering Monotheism so we can get rid of all the noisy Elvii?

None of the caravans are stacked - there are 5. There are 4 caravans in production nearby that would 'pay' for MP: CJ, GG, BFL, Civ. The MP build is only if Monotheism is unavailable giving 6 or 7 extra turns to build three more caravans for Mike's.

Five Caravans outside RC, easy to see.
Silk and Salt, Dehli demands Silk. If we start researching Mono, 3 more coming in RC Civ GG, that's the 8 for Mikes, with CJ to spare. If Mono is 14 turns away, we can invest 4 into Marco, leaving 4.

So we'd need 4 more, and there will be competition for Trade Caravans and IPRB. We are presently building 11 Caravans. 3 of those are counted above, so 8.

To get more, here are some important ideas:
1. Change Monks Towne Legion to Caravan, unless we're sure what we'd do with that Legion.
2. Defer my suggestion about Reneaux growth. It will finish one Caravan in 4, then walk 7 turns. Then build another Caravan, then Warrior for 3rd Police.
3. Dellham will be Dip Captain for LC.
4. Find another two somewhere, such as several IPRB GG, or Civvium.
Fort Anarchy IPRB? Neuma IPRB $13 will help!
5. There are other possibilities -- we must plan carefully.

MonkE has pointed out BFL Caravan in 8, Walk 2. A bonus!

Btw, Silk is my choice to sail to Dehli. Rehomed in RC, for the extra distance. We are at peace with the Indians. Perhaps pull one of the five right now?

My first choices for 3 extra caravans are MT, GG, and Civ. If another is added from Reneaux, that frees one to send to Delhi.

BTW, one of the caravans camped outside RC is already Silk from RC!

pretty much voted with the majority, except Civvium Elephant in two turns for RC celebration. For only one turn delay in Celebrating we gain a two move offensive unit for defense of the province in case of Barb attack/Indian invasion. Sometimes it's better to destroy a unit than bribe one we don't want that will be a resource drain on one of our cities.

Top Bottom