Relations to players on other teams

Diamondeye

So Happy I Could Die
Well, this is a strange idea, but it basically means it could be nice knowing your impression of players on the other team and what impression you believe they have of you.

Spoiler teams (updated 13/11 22:21 CEWT :
Team 1
Sommerswerd
coreybowman
evran
classical_hero
tariqari
Shogu
Herviov
jkpsmp1
Boko
CommandoBob
bjarkekr
Kaleb
Bolkonski
donsig

Team 2
Joshua368
pauluslupus
NeverSurrender
cIV_khanh93
Dux_
johnle43
EmperorSnefix
Toch
el toro loco
ForeverNow
kkwisper
madrigal
johnle43

Team 3
General_W
remake20
Viva_Chingon
AutomatedTeller
Kylearan
dre131
Theoden
Joe Harker
civplayah
Memphus
Karhu
IamJohn
mostly-harmless
azzaman333

Team 5
Domino369
James009
Numdydar
cujo376
Hummel
peter grimes
TinkerBe11
simmam31
Aserjiek
Rantamplanzzz
Unionfield
JoeyDawt

Remember that this post will be made accessable once the game is over, keep the tone civil even there are players you dislike.

Team 3
Joe Harker
civplayah

I know the three of them from Demogame III, Joe Harker and Civplayah seems like decent players to me, I don't know about 1889. They're probably around Monarch level like myself. I am on good footing with Civplayah and shared faction with him for some time, I consider him a good player who thinks things through.

All of them may have the impression that I am a rather cynical negotiator. They may be right by the way :p

Team 1
classical_hero
bjarkekr
Bolkonski

Played several pitboss games with both classical_hero and bjarekr. Neither of them are the best players around, and they haven't made the biggest impact iin any of the games i've played with them. They are ok players i guess but nothing more. Level prince/monarch technically i guess, they do have plenty of MP experience(from pitboss) which counts for something i guess. Bolonski i've also played with but not very much. He seems a tiny bit better than CH/bjarekr, but i haven't played with him all that much. Could probably beat monarch or maybe emperor in sp(i guess, monarch but better in MP compared to SP might also be an idea). Haven't seen him in a while so not sure how much he have played lately though.

Team 3
azzaman333

Playing in one other pitboss game with him. While it haven't gone far into it we are on the same continent so i've talked with him a bit. He seems to do some things that you could call not traditional but i would call them not optimal. Not the best player around, but probably not the worst either. Skill level about monarch if i should guess.

Team 3 will be very strong. Memphus is a very strong player, and General_W is very good at diplomacy. If possible, weakening them would be very good.

How would you do that? And just because they have one strong player(who i have to admit, i've never heard of before...) , doesn't mean we would have to weaken them... We do want some competition after all...

Team 1:
CommandoBob is a long-time Civ3 SGOTM player with team Smurkz (my team), I know him fairly well I'd say. He has improved a lot over the time he has been here and is now a highly capable Civ3 player. He is one of the driving forces behind Team FREE in the Civ3 MTDG (Empiremaker should know more about that). He doesn't own CIV though, has never played it, and has hinted that he plans to buy it some time around Christmas. I recently got him to lurk our Smurkz SGOTM thread for the running BtS game, that's his first exposure to CIV and this will probably be his second. But low experience aside, he is someone who would never give up or jump ship, and he has a way to bring enthusiasm with his tenacity and humour. I bet we'll do a lot of talking with him during this game.

donsig is an ancient mythical Civ3 player, reknowned for being the only player to have played and submitted every single Civ3 GOTM since the very first. He's on my team in the Civ3 MTDG, The Council. He is not a top tier player in solo games, but can certainly hold his own in our strategy discussions so I think that's more a case of not taking the time in solo games (and a dislike of micromanagement) than any lack of skill. He too will stick to the end, and will probably be a driving member of the team. No idea about his solo CIV playing level, I would guess around Prince-Monarch. A highly competent Diplomacy player.

Team 2:
I don't know anyone - don't even know of anyone. :wow:

Team 3:
General_W is on The Council in the Civ3 MTDG where he plays the role of our Chairman of Foreign Affairs. And he does it really really well. He's a shrewd diplomat, his one drawback in that area is that he may be a bit too open and honest at times (and he knows I think so ;)). He's a solid Civ3 player even though he likes to claim otherwise, he's certainly doing alright in our deathmatch over there. No idea about his CIV playing level, would guess Monarch+.

AutomatedTeller is also a member of The Council. He's a very skilled Civ3 player and holds a number of top spots in the Civ3 HOF. I believe he is completely new to CIV though, not sure he owns it, and only came over here for two reasons - that the Civ3 MTDG is so fun, and that General_W is a magnet. But even as a newbie, I'm sure he will bring a lot to their discussion. If he learnt the game, I'm sure he'd be an Emperor+ player fairly quickly.

azzaman333 was on our Smurkz team for a Civ3 SGOTM once. He didn't like his stay, it was painfully obvious that he had no interest in the kind of planning and micromanagement we were doing. He just wanted to play his turns, and possibly talk about them afterwards.

I've heard of a lot of the other players on that team, especially from the former CIV MTDG. Memphus was the turn player for the winning team and did so really well, though I believe the real mastermind was DaveMcW who isn't here now. Kylearan, Theoden, Joe Harker, civplayah and 1889 are all names I recognize from that former game, but I have no idea about their respective skills. But all of them will likely stick around and contribute to the discussion, something that will prove valuable.

Team 5:
I only know peter grimes from The Council. His view of me is probably that I'm a devious bastard after backstabbing him badly in our in-house Diplomacy game :mischief:. I don't know much about his skill either way, though he can definitely hold his own in our discussions there even though he reportedly doesn't own C3C. Was one of the driving forces behind the nuking of Team Epsilon towards the end of the last MTDG. A warmonger.

Team 2
Lord parkin aka emperor aka lord
very experienced player, plays regurarly pitboss, immortal+

BTW all these people are on my msn list(the other ones too), i speak regurarly to bjarekr, classical_hero, azzaman and lord on msn. They all know me as a very good pitboss player, who keeps his word. Though they also know i'll attack someone if given the chance. I play to win and i do it good.

Team 2
They all know me as a very good pitboss player, who keeps his word. Though they also know i'll attack someone if given the chance. I play to win and i do it good.

I thought we are talking about the others? :mischief: But basically we should at some time also talk about our basic attitudes in such games.

I know classical_hero from some PBEMs and the Civ3 MTDG II. I just didn't like his attitude when he suddenly said: " I lost all interest in PBEMs, because pitboss is faster" and after that just left the building, partly without taking care of a replacement. and actually in our PBEMs he was one of the slowest turn players. I had the feeling that he felt himself better as he really is speaking of playing abilities (at least in Civ3).

I know the participants of the Civ3 MTDG II, but mostly their names. OK, I have a feeling of General_Ws diplomatic abilities ;)

Hi team,

I don't know a lot of people from other teams...
But I am playing in the IC2 (Strategy forum) with Kaleb (team1). He is at least competent at immortal in SP. don't know his multi experience though...

Cheers,

Raskolnikov

We are currently looking at T3, in focus. I am taking notes:
Spoiler :

General_W
Niklas said:
General_W is on The Council in the Civ3 MTDG where he plays the role of our Chairman of Foreign Affairs. And he does it really really well. He's a shrewd diplomat, his one drawback in that area is that he may be a bit too open and honest at times (and he knows I think so ). He's a solid Civ3 player even though he likes to claim otherwise, he's certainly doing alright in our deathmatch over there. No idea about his CIV playing level, would guess Monarch+.

Apart from that he was part of the winning Team Epsilon in the last MTDG and was in charge of their propaganda machine: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=193385

Subscribing to the Youtube acc he uses to upload those videos is an already tried idea but might pay out nonetheless.

remake20
Modder, primarily search hits for Civ3, where he seems decent.
Has civ3 pbem experience

No idea about playing level.

Viva_Chingon
PBEM Civ3 experience. Has not posted anywhere else than in civ3 pbem(s) and in this mtdg.

No idea of skill level yet

AutomatedTeller
Niklas said:
AutomatedTeller is also a member of The Council. He's a very skilled Civ3 player and holds a number of top spots in the Civ3 HOF. I believe he is completely new to CIV though, not sure he owns it, and only came over here for two reasons - that the Civ3 MTDG is so fun, and that General_W is a magnet. But even as a newbie, I'm sure he will bring a lot to their discussion. If he learnt the game, I'm sure he'd be an Emperor+ player fairly quickly.
Does not own BtS, cannot be turnplayer.

No idea about playing level yet.

Kylearan
Played in the former MTDG - no knowledge of skill level.

dre131
?

Theoden
Played in the former MTDG - no knowledge of skill level.

Joe Harker
Around Monarch/Emperor - played in Demogame III and the former MTDG

civplayah

Memphus
Niklas said:
I've heard of a lot of the other players on that team, especially from the former CIV MTDG. Memphus was the turn player for the winning team and did so really well, though I believe the real mastermind was DaveMcW who isn't here now

Seems like a very decent player. Meaning Emp+, probably.

Karhu
Seems to be a part of the flock in team 3;
Best put me down to join my cohort, 1889, on team 3. Thanks.

IamJohn
In March this year he rated himself as Prince level in the Democracy Game III which I participated in, so I am counting on him being Monarch-

mostly-harmless
Has played in a SG I lurked, RBTS7 - Estasi Dell'oro, a concurrent succession game on Monarch, look at it here.

I would rate him Emp+, and he seems to be good at working together with his team.

azzaman333
Niklas said:
azzaman333 was on our Smurkz team for a Civ3 SGOTM once. He didn't like his stay, it was painfully obvious that he had no interest in the kind of planning and micromanagement we were doing. He just wanted to play his turns, and possibly talk about them afterwards.

Seems like a poor teamplayer, around monarch level.

Remake20 has said in the FREE forum that his is more interested in this game.

Theoden played many turns in the previous MTDG, as I assume is emp+

While DaveMcW did much of the early MM and setting up Epsilon's empire, Memphus did most of the actions of the late game (unless they were communicating outside the forum).

Azzaman joined FREE, but hasn't participated since around turn 20.

I notice there are new additions to the teams:

Indiansmoke (Kaz) has a lot of MP experience

DMOC (Saturn) is a top lvl SP player

I notice there are new additions to the teams:

Indiansmoke (Kaz) has a lot of MP experience

DMOC (Saturn) is a top lvl SP player

I know of DMOC's SP skills (he is playing a Deity series, I believe)... Indiansmoke, I've heard the name but not really sure of his capabilities.

Oh, and I also know Provolution (most of you know this already) from the Democracy Game III... He is sneaky and a cunning diplomat (who loves to be right), from my point of view. I have no real impression of his skills at SP.

I know indiansmoke well. Pretty experienced in mp(more than me), thought his technical skill might be lacking a tiny bit.

Top Bottom