1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Relationship between appeal and tourism

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Question, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Question

Question Chieftain

There doesnt seem to be much info on the wiki about this. So if a tile is breath taking, how many more tourism points does that get? And does appeal beyond breathtaking (5) matter? E.G. Breathtaking (9)?

2. liv

liv Warlord

Have you read Victoria's tourism guide yet
    It is in a sticky above

3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Seaside resorts with Eiffel Tower and Cristo is pretty strong for tourism.
    You also get gold so that’s quite appealing.

4. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Chieftain

Breathtaking tiles only generate tourism if they are turned into a national park or a seaside resort as far as I know.

I think the amount only matters for seaside resorts.

5. Question

Question Chieftain

Thanks, then i guess my next question is why does it take so much tourism points to get 1 foreign tourist?

I was generating 4000+ tourism per turn according to the report screen, had open borders + trade routes to two AI civs and was at war with the 3rd (England). The game said I needed 790+ foreign tourists to win and I was only getting about 20 or so foreign tourists per turn.

What is especially confusing is that even though I was taking England's cities, the foreign tourist counter i needed to win didnt update at all even though, obviously, the number of England's domestic tourists were shrinking when they were losing their cities. It only updated when I took England's final city at which point I instantly won a cultural victory as I only needed 390+ foreign tourists to win.

6. Melchizedek

Melchizedek Chieftain

If I'm not mistaken, the number of foreign tourists you need is based on the total domestic tourists of other civs throughout the game, not the number per turn. In this case, England could lose a few cities but still have accrued all those past domestic tourists to deny you a culture victory.

7. Question

Question Chieftain

Yea but once they start losing cities, those domestic tourists arent domestic anymore...

Its like, OK, lets say you are american and you are visitng washington. Washington gets taken over by aliens or whatever. Since washington isnt part of america anymore, you arent a domestic tourist, you are a american tourist visitng a foreign city...

8. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Both domestic and Foreign tourists that you see on the victory screen are accumulations over time.

for standard setting
    The domestic counter goes up by 1 for each 100 culture your civ has got. The counter will only go down in extreme late game turns when a civ is running away with a win. Take 3/4 of england out when her domestic counter is 50, and the counter will rise but 1/4 probably a little more but slower. It wil not drop.
    For foreign if the number was 5/47 the 5 means you have accumulated 5*1200 tourism points across all the civs. The counter does not drop. The 47 I am sure you know is 1 higher that the largest domestic tourist counter.