Relative difficulties of Monarch, Emperor, Immortal

Generally speaking on a scale of 1-10 with ten representing "can beat it without doubt" and one representing "no chance to win", how would you rate monarch, emperor and immortal?

I'd rate monarch at eight and immortal at two. But I am not sure that I'd find it a linear jump from monarch to emperor as I haven't played that level.

This question is based on BTS patched up to par.

Generally speaking on a scale of 1-10 with ten representing "can beat it without doubt" and one representing "no chance to win", how would you rate monarch, emperor and immortal?

I'd rate monarch at eight and immortal at two. But I am not sure that I'd find it a linear jump from monarch to emperor as I haven't played that level.

This question is based on BTS patched up to par.

It's pretty linear I'd say. There isn't a radical jump in difficulty until the monsterous Immortal -> Deity jump.

If I am allowed to pick any winning condition, then the scale does not work... 10 for any level up to immortal, then somehting like 9 for immortal, and 2 or 3 for Deity.

But to address the main question, it is fairly linear from Nobel to Immortal, and then a quantum leap to Diety.

Agreed with the above :) I'll think "I can beat it without doubt" for any Immortal map. Deity is a different matter. The AIs tech a lot faster and build a lot more troops so it's easy to fall backwards in either category. Sometimes the damage is irreparable.

Hoooooweever, I'll lose my fair share of Immortal maps too, most notably to barbarians capturing a city. Thinking "I can beat it without doubt" is a good starting point to neglect the game and pay little attention.
Immortals AIs are rather serious about the game. I just won't be impressed.

Emperor... it's been ages I haven't played that. I'm sure the map can win me over with a little dedication on either side. Or, better, I'm sure I can lose over the map in some circumstances.

EDIT: there was an AUTOMATION challenge a while ago, with several rules added to it.
Workers were automated but you could choose the auto mode, and switch it from time to time.
Tech and production weren't really automated, you had to pick amongst the advisors' recommandations.
That was pretty funny. Played it on Prince and conquering was rather easy. Some will say the AIs don't try to win... So only huge bonuses can prevent the players to have their way.

Top Bottom