Release 3.0 has been published - Feedback please here

raystuttgart

Civ4Col Modder
Last edited:
Thanks to the team.

Loading time is soooo much better now. Maybe the same as 2.9 but it seems faster. Thanks Nightinggale - incredible work.

I also wish the main screen could be changed - it doesn't do justice to the quality of the mod.

I also wish the main screen could be changed - it doesn't do justice to the quality of the mod.
Well, if e.g. @Schmiddie has a better idea and time to work on it. :dunno:
(It is not that horrible though either. None of us programmers could do anything better.)

Last edited:
Loading time is soooo much better now. Maybe the same as 2.9 but it seems faster. Thanks Nightinggale - incredible work.
Assuming you refer to the wait between turns (which is actually the CPU making AI decisions, not loading), the biggest contributor to this is likely that I have prevented the natives from trying to trigger European only events. It doesn't loop through all native settlements and stuff like that to try to trigger events, which shouldn't trigger anyway.

... the biggest contributor to this is likely that I have prevented the natives from trying to trigger European only events. ....
I did not even notice that specific improvement in the flood of improvements and fixes we implemented this release ... :eek:
Sounds great though. :goodjob:

And I know I said it often before:

But this really is the best Release we had until now.
It may not be flashing with many new features (which will mostly come with Release 3.1).

But we fixed and improved so much, it is incredible ...
(Stability and performance, texts and atmosphere, AI, feature improvements and balancing, ...)

Assuming you refer to the wait between turns (which is actually the CPU making AI decisions, not loading), the biggest contributor to this is likely that I have prevented the natives from trying to trigger European only events. It doesn't loop through all native settlements and stuff like that to try to trigger events, which shouldn't trigger anyway.

Everything really. From the initial load to turns processing - everything just feels snappier.

Actually it is because I am an idiot - I am testing on a smaller map than I normally play which explains it :)

Last edited:
... in what, a month!!?
Yes. :)
(A month and a week if I am correct.)

And you even forget to consider that we already started working on features for Release 3.1 as well ... :mischief:
(So hopefully Release 3.1 will also be published in not too distant future.)

Hi,
First-timer here coming from TAC. I'm trying to run the mod but it keeps failing spectacularly with a myriad of errors, most of which complain about "more siblings than memory allocated for them in ...". I'll attach a screenshot for the first one.
First thought was the game version but I'm playing the GOG one - that should have the latest, right? I noticed the readme calls for 1.01f version - downloaded the official patch just to be sure but it just says "game not installed".
The original TAC runs just fine. Any advice?
v3jpg.jpg TAC.jpg

Last edited:
hello just wanted to say having great time playing the new version so big thanks for the outstanding work ray and team:thumbsup:
btw one question about settler changes what is difference between prepared settler unit and regular settler proffession and
how did you decide what the resource requirements for settler proffession would be (eg the food the wood the tools the horses)
cheers

First-timer here coming from TAC. I'm trying to run the mod but it keeps failing spectacularly with a myriad of errors, most of which complain about "more siblings than memory allocated for them in ...". I'll attach a screenshot for the first one.
First thought was the game version but I'm playing the GOG one - that should have the latest, right? I noticed the readme calls for 1.01f version - downloaded the official patch just to be sure but it just says "game not installed".
Looks like it tries to load TAC. WTP is a standalone mod, not an upgrade. You should use a different folder rather than trying to mix them.

Long story short: the errors occur when the game fails to load the dll file in Assets. This can be due to installing incorrectly, but it can also be due to antivirus detecting that the DLL is just some file I compiled and isn't signed, hence "possibly dangerous". It isn't, but I'm not some big corporation, which can sign the file as being safe.

btw one question about settler changes what is difference between prepared settler unit and regular settler proffession and
how did you decide what the resource requirements for settler proffession would be (eg the food the wood the tools the horses)
The only difference is prepared settlers have a food production bonus once the colony is settled. There is no particular reason to use prepared settlers to found new settlements.

... work ray and team ...

It is not "ray and ...". ;)
It is just "WTP team".

e.g. @Nightinggale has worked incredibly hard for this release to improve performance and stability. :thumbsup:
(He fixed all the really difficult issues that I could not even succeed to analyze anymore.)

e.g. @Kendon and @Fürstbischof have invested incredible effort to improve the texts and atmosphere.
(Thus they took a lot of effort of the shoulders of the programmers.)

We are all kind of "fanatics" of this mod. :mischief:

e.g. @Nightinggale has worked incredibly hard for this release to improve performance and stability. :thumbsup:
(He fixed all the really difficult issues that I could not even succeed to analyze anymore.)
I would go one step further and say I'm adding/using automated bug detection, which makes me detect bugs nobody reported. I found at least two vanilla bugs in 2.9, which I fixed for 3.0. Without help, a number of bugs would likely never be detected or identified. For instance (not vanilla bug) natives could attack after spending all their movement points in 2.9. The game reported this happening when natives attacked another AI player. Figuring out the AI misbehaving is hard from the point of view of the player, particularly if the bug occurs in an undiscovered plot.

3.0 The Visibility and Exploration text from the Colopedia mentions shipwrecks. But the word shipwrecks links to the description of ship wreckage - which is something different, e.g. here in the picture ship wreckage shows flotsam while next to my privateer is a ship wreck which shows a half sunken ship:

Spoiler :
Shipwreckage.jpg

When moving the privateer to the square with the ship wreck nothing happens, not even a message that nothing had been found in the wreck?

Last edited:
Hi,
View attachment 600349 View attachment 600350

I don't know if it's the same issue I had, but my Norton anti-virus deemed the 3.0 DLL unsafe and removed it. I got a bunch of those same error messages until I realized what happened and had Norton pull the DLL out of quarantine.

Loving the newest version, thanks so much for the work the team has done.

A couple of observations, not necessarily for 3.0 specifically but in general. I've noticed AI units skipping past ruins and other goodies as they make their way across the map. Occasionally I'll run across one and think I've lost out on all the settlement money and goodies where he just came from, but that's not true. They hit all of the Indian settlements, but not the goodies. And on a related note, I've noticed scouts sitting forever on 1 or 2-plot islands. Just a couple of things that, if the AI could get smarter about, would make the game a little more challenging.

When moving the privateer to the square with the ship wreck nothing happens, not even a message that nothing had been found in the wreck?
There is a message when compiling a debug DLL. It alerts that the code ended up in the undefined state that none of the rewards can be accepted. Looks like it checks if the searching unit can carry a colonist (pirates can't) even for goodie rewards, which provides no unit. I suspect the entire function could do with a proper review as it looks like it has been extended multiple times.

Looks like it tries to load TAC. WTP is a standalone mod, not an upgrade. You should use a different folder rather than trying to mix them.

Long story short: the errors occur when the game fails to load the dll file in Assets. This can be due to installing incorrectly, but it can also be due to antivirus detecting that the DLL is just some file I compiled and isn't signed, hence "possibly dangerous". It isn't, but I'm not some big corporation, which can sign the file as being safe.
Thanks for a quick reply!
Yes, I do use a separate folder (proof pic attached!). The errors pop when doing manual "Load a mod" from the vanilla civ4col as well.
folder.jpg
Went ahead and emptied the Cache in My Games folder too.

Checked the AV (MS Defender) but there are no new threats, nor did I get any notifications from it. AV.jpg Went ahead and re-cloned the whole mod from Git to make sure.
Also reinstalled the whole game over in case there were some problems with the main files.
Alas, the issue still persists :c
Running off Win10 with the latest updates. 16G RAM with system-managed pagefile

Last edited:
Top Bottom