[GS] Release time on Steam is wrong?

Monthar

Deity
Didn't the devs say during the PvP livesteam that the release is at Midnight EST? Steam is showing it as Noon (12 hours later).

This is what Steam shows right now.

Available: February 14
This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 16 hours

Midnight release means it should show 1 day 4 hours since it's currently 1 day 4 hours 8 minutes until 00:00 2/14/19 EST.

It would be much easier if we had a countdown.

Strangely I watched just the beginning of the challenge game, and the presenter said it would be free to play from this moment.

Then he said it would be 70% off until feb 18th.

Checking steam, I can't download it or buy it cheap. The cost is around 55AU and if that was discounted to 70% then it
would be a 180$ expansion, lol.

So what am I missing here?

Excuse my incompetence but where on Steam does it say what time the game is released, I can only see the date (I always have a blind spot for this for some reason!)

Got it, Civ base and R&F, not the expansion.

Thank you ezzlar!

StrideColossus, there is no timer, but I say very soon, haha.

Someone said: Midnight release means it should show 1 day 4 hours since it's currently 1 day 4 hours 8 minutes until 00:00 2/14/19 EST.

As good as it gets, when you are in another part of the world, like me. :)

I'm not across how steam releases things. Will it also be a midnight release in Australia? Or like 4pm which I think is the time difference?

Just came here to say this, it is 5am where I am and Steam says it unlocks in 1 day and 6 hours... That is around 11am Thursday.

It's odd, if I go to the steam website while not logged in, it says available Feb 14. If I log in, it says not available until Feb 15, with 1 day, 8 hours remaining. My time zone is west of eastern time, so if the livestream was accurate, release time should be prior to midnight, Feb 14, but it actually shows many hours later.

I hope the countdown showing on my Steam is inaccurate, because I have an international flight 4 hours after midnight, EST - if the time quoted on the Dev PvP stream is accurate, I can play the expansion during my flight. If the time on my logged in Steam is accurate, I will not be able to play (and probably not for quite awhile, as I've been away from home for 2 weeks, and my wife would not be happy if I return home, on Valentine's day, and spend my time playing games!)

Don't worry about the steam date, it will release at the announced time regardless of what it says on the store page.

I'm not across how steam releases things. Will it also be a midnight release in Australia? Or like 4pm which I think is the time difference?
It's midnight EST which is 16:00 in Canberra.

But what about preload time, that is the big question. Hopefully Firaxis announces something today.

But what about preload time

Yes this. I am wondering if I should leave my computer on overnight to get the expansion loaded so it will be ready to play when I get up. But that may not work because sometimes you have to fiddle with things to get it to load.

Top Bottom