Religeon Reform?

Rynian

Chieftain
I am so happy this mod exists and that it exists for the mac. I adore the majority of the content and this mod may be my favorite version of civ i have played. There are a few unusual choices like removing tech trading entirely, and the tech order in the medieval period (Steel working in classic era, but forts aren't unlocked till later, when forts were popular even in early rome?) The expanded tech tree and changes to religeon are fantastic and even if it is the only mod i found for mac, I'm confident i have one of, if not the best to play.

I am confused though, when forming a faith, there are many tennants that are locked behind technology later down the path, sometimes dramatically so. I'd assumed that I could reform the religeon to make it more effective with newer features further down the tree... I haven't found a way to do so. Is it possible, or is it not?

You can reform the religion with a great prophet, or if another civ reforms your religion, it has a chance to change your tenets as well (unless you have the insularity tenet which prevents other reformations from influencing your existing tenets).

I am so happy this mod exists and that it exists for the mac. I adore the majority of the content and this mod may be my favorite version of civ i have played.

Great to hear you're having such a good experience with HR!

There are a few unusual choices like removing tech trading entirely

Tech trading still exists, but it's not unlocked until the Renaissance (via Academia).

and the tech order in the medieval period (Steel working in classic era, but forts aren't unlocked till later, when forts were popular even in early rome?)

India was producing and exporting Wootz Steel in early Classical times. By late Classical times, Persia and Syria were too. Forts are more of a gameplay compromise, but I partially justify it by the fact that most Classical era forts were temporary and lacked much of the defensive engineering and feudal purpose associated with later forts. Having multiple types of forts is something I'm considering for 1.25.

The expanded tech tree and changes to religeon are fantastic and even if it is the only mod i found for mac, I'm confident i have one of, if not the best to play.

The only other major Mac-compatible mod I know of is Pie's Ancient Europe.

I am confused though, when forming a faith, there are many tennants that are locked behind technology later down the path, sometimes dramatically so. I'd assumed that I could reform the religeon to make it more effective with newer features further down the tree... I haven't found a way to do so. Is it possible, or is it not?

You can use a Great Prophet to trigger a Reformation, which allows you to change your tenets. Have a look in the Concepts section of the Pedia, all the new religion mechanics are detailed there. Most other new mechanics too.

You can reform the religion with a great prophet, or if another civ reforms your religion, it has a chance to change your tenets as well (unless you have the insularity tenet which prevents other reformations from influencing your existing tenets).
odd, my great prophet didn't have that option. Just lightbulb and golden age

odd, my great prophet didn't have that option. Just lightbulb and golden age

There are certain circumstances that prevent reformations from being possible, e.g. a recent change of civics. See the Tenets advisor and the Concepts section of the Pedia.

There are certain circumstances that prevent reformations from being possible, e.g. a recent change of civics. See the Tenets advisor and the Concepts section of the Pedia.

OK so I just lost my first real campaign in HR. Im new to 4 so its even more difficult. I was playing SAGA as charlamagne on the real earth map scenario. I had been in an on/off again war the whole game against Etheopea who is the strongest civ in the game, and I am second. He has a unit stack waiting near one of my cities that is just absurdly massive... and I had been fortifying the city with troops, I decided to spam out the unique pikemen I can't spell or pronounce. 100 percent against land units. Id assumed that meant another 6 damage, so they'd effectively be 12.. but in practice they didn't seem any better than swordsmen, and his stack cleared me out... (How does that bonus work) I also tried declaring war on another civ, but at that point he declares war on me and convinces everyone else to attack me as well.

Not sure what I can learn from it. Im probobly going to play some more "standard" games before I try another saga game on a huge map. That was intense.

Top Bottom