1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Religion and Revolution' started by raystuttgart, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

Thanks! It was always a pleasure to mod RaR...Happy to read more about your balance...

2. devolution

devolution Chieftain

3. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

4. GeorgiaBoy

GeorgiaBoy Chieftain

Any plans to add the tech tree modcomp?

Thanks for updating this great mod.

5. MorphineCol

MorphineCol Chieftain

I played a lot R&R 2.6 recently. Great mod, huge possibilities. The game become quickly a logistic nightmare, I've got more fun to find way to hyper-organize things than really winning (easy most of the time).

One minor pb I would like to point out :
    - Veteran Soldiers are replaced by EU Line Infantry in my game at EU port. The issue is : this profession can't be learned at school. Other war-related profession are ok (Veteran Militiaman, Veteran Cavalryman, Veteran Dragoon).
    When I select a EU Line Infantry, I can't use it as colonist (and then put it at work at the colony to allow his experience to be used).

My game settings :
    TAC East Coast v1.00_RaR.ColonizationWBSAve
    Large World Size
    Quick game speed

6. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

@ MorphineCol: This is intended, all works as it should work.

You can buy Veteran Militiaman OR EU Line Infantry. The EU Line Infantry is a unit and not a profession. Therefore you cannot use it as a colonist. You need to use a colonist in your colony as a profession Line infantry - due to learning by doing it can become a Veteran Line Infantry (outside the colony) that can be trained in the university.

7. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

no, not intended

8. MorphineCol

MorphineCol Chieftain

Thank you for the answer.
    So the only way to teach Veteran Line Infantry is to create at least one first by just making a Line infantry (free colonist) gain experience through battle (and become Veteran).
    If this is intended, why this specific class is working like that if I may ask, unlike the 3 other classes (Veteran Militiaman / Veteran Cavalryman /Veteran Dragoon). It's not intuitive isn't it ? Just curious.
    Not a big deal anyway but a bit weird.

9. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

Maybe not, but you can find a detailed description how it works in the colopedia. And the AI can handle units better than professions...

10. MorphineCol

MorphineCol Chieftain

Actually as you can imagine, I've read first the colopedia before coming here and consuming your time.

The page "Line Infantry Soldier" is confusing because of this line "When Veteran Line Infantry Soldiers are recruited in EU, they already have [...] They can also be trained in a colony with a University or one of its upgrades".
    Actually they can't be recruited like you've explained, only EU Line Infantry can be recruited. But they can be trained, this part is right.
    When I saw that before coming here, I didn't know it was a mistake and I thought EU LF and VL IS were the same thing.

Other pages are ok with your logic though ("military units", "EU line Inf Soldiers").

Another mistake I think for the page "Line Infantry". The "Veteran" link points to "Veteran Militiaman" instead of the page "Line Infantry soldier".

Veteran Militiaman is the pro version of colonial militia (37 guns).
    Line Infantry soldier (or Veteran Line Infantry Soldiers, both names are stated which is also confusing) is the pro version of Line infantry (30 swords, 60 guns).

I hope I didn't point out something useless this time !

11. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

Line Infantry Soldiers can only be recruited/equipped in the colonies; EU Line Infantry Soldiers can only be recruited in Europe. EU Line Infantry is a unit, the version you can recruit in the colonies is a profession but not a unit - this free colonist in the profession Line Infantry can become a Veteran due to LbD.

Colopedia maybe needs an update on some pages.

12. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Did you manage to do the checkout?

13. Teskal

Teskal Chieftain

Not sure if I'm her correct. I downloaded 2.6 and choosed custom game, but there are only 4 maps.

I have the steam version and windows 10. Maybe I used the wrong folder for the mod?
    In the map folder of the mod in the explorer I can see more maps in it.

14. TheIanOakley

TheIanOakley Chieftain

I'm using 2.6, game as Spain on Gigantic Americas. No Wild Animals are spawning and when my unfree colonists run away they simply disappear.

Also noticed that I can't open diplomacy with the Archbishop.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  15. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain

Animals moves around on plots not owned by anybody. This means in late game, finding unowned land can be problematic. For all I know all land is owned in your game, except for one undiscovered island, which is now full of animals.

Sort of the same happens when a colonist flees. They spawn on the nearest unowned land, which might not be on the same island.

If you believe your problem is something else, then a savegame would be useful.

I'm not sure what to say about this one. You can open diplomacy with other players just fine?

16. TheIanOakley

TheIanOakley Chieftain

I can open diplomacy with everyone other than the Archbishop.

As for the spawning problem; this is occuring in the early game. I've checked with the Worldbuilder, and the only wild animals and/or escaped slaves are ones I placed myself. I've attached two saves; one as Denmark, one as Spain. I did give myself some extra units through the WB, but I can't see how that would affect things when there's literally no animals spawning anywhere.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  17. devolution

devolution Chieftain

@Teskal : Did you resolve the issue ?

18. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

This issue should be easily solved. We will just need to adjust the parties of the maps. I will have a look at this.

19. HayRoss

HayRoss Chieftain

I'm currently having a big problem of desperately needing troops but I can't talk to my king as there's literally no way I can communicate to him. If I open up the scoreboard, it goes all the way up and I can't see my king because there are too many natives, and the Foreign adviser is no help either as there's so many civs I can't even click on "Stadtholder of the Netherlands" as 3 other kings are sitting on him. Any possible fix before Spain kicks my teeth in?