1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Religion and Revolution' started by raystuttgart, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

I assume I need to check the maps.

2. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain

This sounds like it could be triggered by the resolution you use when you play, which naturally brings up the question: which resolution do you use ingame?

The list has a fixed pixel height for each player, meaning the higher height you have in your resolution, the more players you can list. The adviser is a bit more complex. Like any other screen, it places the buttons at a fixed x,y. Python code in the adviser screen then tries to multiply with some resolution parameter to make the screen look good at any resolution. However a bug at this location can result in good looking screens at some resolutions and horrible in other resolutions. Playtesting all resolutions can be somewhat time consuming and I can imagine more interesting things to do than to look at the same screen in 20 different resolutions.

3. ev0lyeti

ev0lyeti Chieftain

I am having the exact same problem. Annoyed I got so far through my game before I realised these were related, and animals just hadn't been delayed intentionally. Never occurred to me they were the same faction.

I can start new games using the RAR Americas Gigantic map, and every time I hit the same issue. However using the RAR Americas Gigantic - random, this is not an issue. Neither is a random game.
    I tried using the RAR Americas Gigantic from a previous version of your mod (not sure what the version on it is, probably 2.5) - and wild animals are also working with this.

However looking at your church fix (https://sourceforge.net/p/religion-... Americas Gigantic.ColonizationWBSave?diff=32) for the upcoming 2.7 release, and comparing this faction between the older working and newer broken scenario, I can see you simply need to apply the exact same fix from church (team 47) to wild animals (team 48), and all will be well. I have tested this, and it now works for me.

For anyone else wanting to fix and play this scenario in the meantime, you don't need to be able to code or anything, just edit the file based on the link above. Just apply those changes (replaces all the usual faction stuff with
    CivType=NONE) to the entries for Team=47 as well as Team=48. The file to edit is shown in the diff header (<mod folder>/PublicMaps/RAR Americas Gigantic.ColonizationWBSave).

4. ev0lyeti

ev0lyeti Chieftain

Since I created an account on here, I wanted to say thanks for making this awesome mod. It has consumed many hours of my life since I discovered it a year or so ago.

I was playing a marathon game of the gigantic map and really enjoying it. Then I realised I wasn't using the latest version, so started over with 2.6. And then the wild animal bug, so looks like I get to start over again, lucky me :)

I found the remake very weak, and did not like the way the AI was not a decent challenge (much like the beloved original). The mods really enrich the game, but don't really fix the competitive part. However I am hoping by overexpanding prior to independence, will have a real war on my hands with the king, which should breathe some excitement into things, after some extended sandboxing.

5. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

This issue has been solved. Thanks for reporting. Will be included in the next version.

6. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

Ok, I double checked it. As expected this is an "invisible" promotion for natives - every native gets it automatically when going outside a native village - since natives can only go outside in profession brave / mounted brave etc.

7. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

What message do you mean? I never get such message if driving into native village with cargo...

8. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

Fixed

9. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

Amended as far as required (great chief not mentioned since its not a unit of the player).

Amended.

Cannot be solved easily - its strange but there is no entry in the xml to do that. I assume a change of DLL is required.

Same here - cannot find the right enty in the colopedia so far. But this is only a very minor issue.

This entry is correct since barley can be produced on grassland!

10. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

Bug has been fixed.

11. Pine_Leaf_is_my_waifu

Pine_Leaf_is_my_waifu Chieftain

First, I would like to thank your for this great mod. RaR is what the remake of the original Colonization should have been instead of the rather lackluster effort it was. I always end up coming back to this game playing a few sessions every now and then thanks to you.

However I have ongoing issues with the Customs House building which cause me quite a grief.
    First: I'm unable to sell Food, Lumber and Stone from the customs house popup screen. Every time I untick the never sell option and set an amount, it just simply resets. As if the changes are not stored anywhere for these 3 items.
    Second: The customs house fails to sell the goods. The later in the game, the more prevalent this issue becomes. It's like the building can't keep up with the production after a certain threshold or the script for it just simply stops working.
    Third: I can't create presets for the customs house and save/load them at will. I understand this isn't part of the mod and currently you have to set the amounts manually each time for each settlement. I find this quite a chore, especially since the interface is rather clunky. I would very much love an added function of basic preset management. If this would work globally regardless of save, that would be a dream.

I tried scouring the game files, but the only thing I found was the ability to change the default sell threshold values by resource category. Not terribly useful, but better than nothing.

12. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain

It works as intended according to the comments in the code. Why it works like that is a completely different question.

I think it's intended to sell a fraction of what is available to sell and not as a mean to sell everything in one go. You sail to Europe for a quick sale. If you can confirm that it has completely stopped working, then it would be interesting to get a savegame.

I imagine something like an import settings and then you select which city to copy settings from. That would be useful for custom house as well as traderoute setup.

13. clearbeard

clearbeard Chieftain

The why has to do with those three resources not using the common resource pool in your warehouses. They use the older resource cap counted per resource instead of the combined total of all the other resources. I suspect changing them to be sellable from the custom house without breaking that other, intended behavior would be problematic at best.

14. HermanHeydt

HermanHeydt Chieftain

15. Marla_Singer

Marla_Singer United in diversity

Hello everyone, it's been a long time.

I haven't changed anything about my Civ4Col install which is still in the "my games" folder. However, Civ4Col can't find custom contents anymore:

I think it's not related to RAR as no custom content at all, not even my save games, can be found in the Civ4Col in-game menu. I think it comes from the fact I disabled OneDrive in my Win10 install. Apparently all contents from "Documents" are now automatically redirected to "OneDrive\Documents", except that Civ4Col doesn't get the redirect.

I see only two ways to solve the issue:
    - either I find a way for Windows to get rid of that OneDrive crap in file paths
    - or I find a way to change the path towards custom contents in Civ4Col configuration

Maybe some of your around here have an idea about how I could do one of those things? I would be really grateful. :)

16. Sarin

Sarin Chieftain

OneDrive can be annoying, like other Win10 "features". It needs helova lot workarounds to stop restarting and installing updates in wrong time, screaming about this or that and sending everything you do to Microsoft.

What exactly did you do to OneDrive anyway? Completely kicked it off startup, or just paused synchronization? And did you install Civ4 and RaR before or after? Anyway, you'll need to mess with OneDrive settings. It's entirely possible to unlink the computer from OneDrive, if you desire to do so, I suspect you booted OneDrive program without doing this, messing things up.

17. Marla_Singer

Marla_Singer United in diversity

Problem solved. :)
    I had just stopped OneDrive synchronization and that's what caused the bug. I reinstalled the registry as that's what Google told me to do. Now my local "Documents" is available again. After a copy of the "My Games" folder it works fine. :thumbsup:

18. Sarin

Sarin Chieftain

Glad to hear, ehm, see it :D And good to see you here too.

19. devolution

devolution Chieftain

@HermanHeydt Our esteemed:goodjob: team member @Nightinggale has figured out the cause of this bug and he has committed a fix for it (as well as several related issues). There are a bunch of buggy events and unfortunately you've stumbled on one of them :cry: . The fix(es) will be included in 2.7.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 12:14 PM
  20. HermanHeydt

HermanHeydt Chieftain

Great great great :) - eagerly awaiting the holidays for some needed R&R accompanied with R&R 2.7 ;)